PDA

View Full Version : opinions, facts, all are wanted

head_start
05-28-2010, 06:42 PM
I am looking for a new peice of equipement. this has been beaten to death, but i think i am looking for different advice. i know what dealers will tell me, but i want to hear what you all have to say.
I need something for smaller yards

36 walk behind
36 stander
self propelled rear bagging mower (smaller)

I want to know what brands to look for based on, cut quality, ground speed, reliability, and price. around here there are Scag, Toro, Simplicity, Kabota, and John Deere dealerships, and if i really want to drive i can find more but those are all within 45 minutes.
so tell me what is up.

head_start
05-28-2010, 06:43 PM
Those three are what i am looking at, not all three, but only one of the three.
Thank you have a nice day

coolluv
05-28-2010, 06:51 PM
Why walk when you could ride? I would get a rider if you can afford it. I use a 36 Trimstar Hustler. I like it. I like the ease of maintenance on it and the controls. So far it has been a good machine. Any name brand is going to be good.. Opinions are like..... everyone has one. Only you can decide what is best for you. Your going to get all kinds of answers. The only good info you will get is what cuts best for your area. Some decks and models don't like certain types of grass.

Other than that.. you decide.

Dave...

mowisme
05-28-2010, 07:00 PM
what I use: real small yard- 21 push mower.. small to med yard- 36"WB comm... med to large yard-52" stander.. large to x-large- 61" rider. These are just my uses. I also use the 21" some on med yards if I'm up to it- Do it for the exercise. I currently sold the 52"..but will get another soon. Your going to get many differant opinions..so just take what feels best- they all will get the job done as that is what they use. Some won't touch a 21"..others use 21" more than ztr- some will depend on lot layout..gated yard,ect.

fredmullegun
05-28-2010, 07:40 PM
36" Grandstand? I mowed a few small yards with a 32" Wright Stander and it went faster then mowing with my 48" walk behind belt drive.

GrassIsGreenerLawnCare
05-28-2010, 09:13 PM
i didnt like the toro t-bar. just my opinion. actually, i hated it. it didnt do good in tight spaces and jumped around very easily while trying to go in a straight line. this is opinion from 32" proline and a 52" proline models. i love the ECS controls on my exmark metro. awesome mower to me. Also, u dont need to walk if u have a velke/sulky, so u dont need a z

head_start
05-29-2010, 02:07 PM
if i can aford a stander, i woul love it, but that is the problem. i was in high school till i graduated yesterday, so now i can work more, between college and what not. but money is the problem here, i need somehting that does what it is ment to for a price. if i can justify getting the more expensive i will, but right now im not sure.
i like all the advice so far, keep it comeing