PDA

View Full Version : stupid me

Frontier-Lawn
05-29-2010, 01:01 AM
stupid me i made a rookie mistake and did not have a backup mower for my lawns today. Got up today started the scag to put on the trailer and get the rear tires on the ramp and it dies and would not start again, & had 10 mows to do today too. Take it 20 miles to my dealer to drop off to fix it and find out he dropped the scag line. So i had to call my mom to see if i could use her Lt160 deere tractor. needles to say now i have to mow on sat now since i was only able to get half done. SO the point is Get A Back-up mower even if its only a 36" WB that way you wont have to skip mows due to your only one being in the shop.

Richard Martin
05-29-2010, 05:04 AM
Just because he no longer sells Scags doesn't mean he can't fix them. Did his mechanics have their memories wiped clean when they stopped selling Scag? Did they burn all of their repair manuals?

And yes, it's a good idea to at least have a backup plan in case your main mower goes down. I have 2 36" mowers to back up my 60" Dixie although I suspect it's going to take me a good bit longer to get the work done with them.

Frontier-Lawn
05-29-2010, 08:55 AM
Just because he no longer sells Scags doesn't mean he can't fix them. Did his mechanics have their memories wiped clean when they stopped selling Scag? Did they burn all of their repair manuals?

And yes, it's a good idea to at least have a backup plan in case your main mower goes down. I have 2 36" mowers to back up my 60" Dixie although I suspect it's going to take me a good bit longer to get the work done with them.

he can do the consumables and any interchange parts but warranty work hell no.

topsites
05-29-2010, 10:00 AM
If it makes you feel any better I've always had a backup mower but more than
once did I leave it at home figuring it would be all right.

Richard Martin
05-29-2010, 10:31 AM
he can do the consumables and any interchange parts but warranty work hell no.

You don't have to cuss me. You didn't mention anything about the mower being under warranty.

Frontier-Lawn
05-29-2010, 10:36 AM
You don't have to cuss me. You didn't mention anything about the mower being under warranty.

didn't mean to cuss you, its just if i need warranty work now i have to go 25+ miles to get it done.

Frontier-Lawn
05-29-2010, 10:41 AM
he droped the line since it costed him $$$ to sell scag last year.

clean_cut
05-30-2010, 07:59 PM
I'm surprised your dealer didn't give you a mower to borrow.

Frontier-Lawn
05-30-2010, 08:33 PM
well i droped off at 11am it was ready by 4pm but still no offer of demo to use for the day.

Tharrell
05-30-2010, 09:26 PM
Yeah, having a backup is good. I'm solo and I have 6 mowers, 5 trimmers, 5 blowers in one form or another. Even a backup truck and trailer.
That's the absolute first lesson I learned at my very first account on a saturday afternoon when my Ryobi split shaft quit on me.
I wanted commercial grade and was working up to it but, on a saturday afternoon the only option was another Ryobi.
Thank god some fool stole them a couple of years later!