PDA

View Full Version : New car smell

ajslands
05-29-2010, 08:16 PM
So my truck is about 6 years old and I was wondering if there were any products out there that can make it smell brand new.
I know the smell can be harmfull but I'll have constant air flow which will help.
I also know that the "new car smell is the glues used to hold the upholstry and other stuff together.
I just want something I can spray.
So please list some products.
Posted via Mobile Device

MikeKle
05-30-2010, 08:25 AM
try calling the dealer and seeing if you can order a tube of the glue they use at the factory, you should be able to get this fairly easily, the carpet adds to the new car smell too, so you may have to replace that too if you really want that new car smell. dont waste your money on the cheap new car smell spray cans, they just smell like leather? I like that smell too, but it is usually because I am driving a brand new vehicle, I doubt you would like it as much in an older truck? My truck stinks of burlap and mulch now, so I really need to clean it out!

MarcSmith
05-30-2010, 08:39 AM
if you have a cloth interior and carpet, you will never get that smell back unless you replace it. febreeze does work at neutralizing odors., but with the fabric, the odors are in the fabric. I honestly never understood why they put carpet and fabric seats in work trucks... I loved my mid 90's chevy 2500 it had the rubber floor and vinyl seats. made keeping the inside clean much easier and it helped keep the odors to a minimum...

doubleedge
05-30-2010, 11:54 PM
if you have a cloth interior and carpet, you will never get that smell back unless you replace it. febreeze does work at neutralizing odors., but with the fabric, the odors are in the fabric. I honestly never understood why they put carpet and fabric seats in work trucks... I loved my mid 90's chevy 2500 it had the rubber floor and vinyl seats. made keeping the inside clean much easier and it helped keep the odors to a minimum...

The lowest level trim packages usually have vinyl seats and rubber floors.

ajslands
05-31-2010, 04:03 AM
think I'll try and order a tube of that stuff and then like leave it open on a hot day and put a fan on in there so it will circulate
Posted via Mobile Device

MarcSmith
05-31-2010, 10:53 AM
The lowest level trim packages usually have vinyl seats and rubber floors.
you can spec a truck any way you want... you can have every single option you want and all the bells and whistles, just no frill on the seat/floor options..

mnglocker
05-31-2010, 12:07 PM
Get some Ozium air cleaner and follow the instructions. That with a ton of vacuuming a shampooing of upholstery will get rid of the stink. Then you can add new car smell aka PVC and glue.

P.Services
05-31-2010, 12:25 PM
Wow aj I think you actually need to lay off the glue huffing for awhile with some of the crazy thoughts of yours. Now you want to leave a open tube of glue in your truck? Huuh? I have a feeling your posts arnt going to become any more intelligent. Just clean your pig pen out, eat the old fries you find under the seats, wash it out, lift the stains off, and then give it a few squirts of cologne and your set. You can put lip stick on a pig but its still a pig.

Today is going to be my truck cleaning day also, I plan to wax the living shet out of my 2500hd.
Posted via Mobile Device

ajslands
05-31-2010, 01:39 PM
Wow aj I think you actually need to lay off the glue huffing for awhile with some of the crazy thoughts of yours. Now you want to leave a open tube of glue in your truck? Huuh? I have a feeling your posts arnt going to become any more intelligent. Just clean your pig pen out, eat the old fries you find under the seats, wash it out, lift the stains off, and then give it a few squirts of cologne and your set. You can put lip stick on a pig but its still a pig.

Today is going to be my truck cleaning day also, I plan to wax the living shet out of my 2500hd.
Posted via Mobile Device

ROT!
Posted via Mobile Device

4 seasons lawn&land
06-06-2010, 06:36 PM
:laugh:This has to be a joke. Come on. I cant believe no one has called this guy out yet. If you are serious I might suggest saving your money and some brain cells but forget it... its to late for that!

Either way, BEST POST EVER!

ajslands
06-06-2010, 07:43 PM
I know it's the best post ever! That's what I'm famous for. Since this is a forum a people generally ask questions on it, but then some people join just to say your question is dumb. Kinda like you for example. People that think their so high and mighty but are realy the biggest prik ever. And then since I'm still a kid, that would make you a coward too. Oh and I already found my answer, so I don't see why you would bring a post back from last week. Was their any logic in that?
Posted via Mobile Device

4 seasons lawn&land
06-06-2010, 11:06 PM
You are my hero!

If your a younger kid I want to know what the dealer guys said when you came in and asked for a powerful industrial type of glue:laugh:

ajslands
06-06-2010, 11:19 PM
You are my hero!

If your a younger kid I want to know what the dealer guys said when you came in and asked for a powerful industrial type of glue:laugh:

They said go and glue 4 seasons lawn&land mouth shut just so he stops talking and then glue his fingers together so he can't type....

Then they said clean it all out and put fabreeze in to get the closest smell. And then if you realy want the new smell. Then he said if I want it to smell realy good, I could put new leather seats in and that should help.
Posted via Mobile Device

4 seasons lawn&land
06-06-2010, 11:58 PM
haha, cool man. Hope it works out for you.

ajslands
06-07-2010, 12:04 AM
Thank you. But I'm not spending 800$ to get my seats leatherd
Posted via Mobile Device

MikeKle
06-07-2010, 02:05 AM
People only think they like that new car smell, but really, they actually like the fact that they have a new car or truck! The smell is just something they relate it to. If anyone were to get that new car smell in their 5 yr old car, I think they would be surprised to find out they really didnt like it that much.

Fireguy97
06-07-2010, 03:44 AM
As stupid as it sounds....

http://www.little-trees.com/us/products_detail.php?section=products&id=9

Mick

44DCNF
06-07-2010, 07:06 AM
I'll take the new car smell of the Lotus hemp based Eco Elise. You can have your outgasing voc's.

MikeKle
06-07-2010, 09:41 AM
If you are looking for a good smell in your truck or car, get a couple bars of bath soap that has a good smell, Dove soap is great!, then put a bar under each seat and it will keep the truck smelling great for years and years! Somebody told me about this a long time ago and it really works.

FuturePilot4u
06-07-2010, 10:32 AM
i find using different cleaners is the car on vynal, carpet, etc....give a newer smell. just the smell of different chemical combines smells new in some of my cars.

ajslands
06-07-2010, 12:32 PM
What about dryer sheets underneath the seats?
Posted via Mobile Device

South Florida Lawns
06-08-2010, 12:14 AM
Can someone tell me how to check my turn signal fluid and how to grease my valve stems?

MikeKle
06-08-2010, 03:01 AM
What about dryer sheets underneath the seats?
Posted via Mobile Device

Yes, that works too.

MikeKle
06-08-2010, 03:07 AM
Can someone tell me how to check my turn signal fluid and how to grease my valve stems?

yes, but first you must use the rim stretcher in order to get to the valve stems. Make sure you use 200 weight turn signal oil! You wouldnt went them blowing a gasket.

topsites
06-08-2010, 09:30 AM
New car smell comes from every individual component's unique fragrance as of the time it is brand new,
everything new has a unique scent to it and it is the combination of all of the brand new parts on a
new car that gives it that smell, they do not spray the car with some magic secret formula and it can
not be reproduced other than buying brand new, it is simply how a new car smells and once it is no longer
new it doesn't smell that way anymore.

Capemay Eagle
07-08-2010, 12:48 AM
Too funny, I cannot believe this made it to post 10 before someone said this :laugh: