PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone use a Job Box in their pickups?

From Dust 'til Lawn
05-29-2010, 07:50 PM
considering a tool box for my truck and don't really like the traditional pickup truck tool boxes...prefer the chest type boxes....but an on site job box offers more room and seems to be more durable....any thoughts?? pros??? cons??? thank you...and happy memorial day to all the men and women who served and currently serve our nation.....:usflag:

topsites
05-29-2010, 08:58 PM
I'm guessing you're not looking hard enough, my pickup truck box is chest type,
one big bad lid covers the whole thing.

yardguy28
05-29-2010, 09:02 PM
my truck box is the same way. one lid covers the whole thing. although i wouldn't be opposed to the kind that have a left and right side lid.

threeleafllc
05-29-2010, 09:19 PM
We had one of the boxes you are talking about in one of our hardscape foremen trucks.It didnt do so well its not weather proof.. Our foremen always complained about his tools getting all messed up..I had to stop being cheap and buy a weather guard chest type box its def the best money can buy..It fits all the same tools it locks well and it weather proof.I still cheaped out and got a steal one but beggers cant be choosers HaHa..

mowerbrad
05-29-2010, 09:50 PM
Here is what you want... http://www.weatherguard.com/truck_tool_boxes/view_products.php?subcat_id=15

From Dust 'til Lawn
05-30-2010, 07:16 AM
Sorry I wasn't clear enough....Not a crossover type box....I'm talking about a knaack or greenlee type box. Thanks.

jhawk60
05-30-2010, 08:19 AM
A job box would work pretty well if you can afford to give up the floor space in the bed.

I've had all the other types, plastic, steel, and aluminum, and none of them keep out anyone but honest thieves. A job box would be more secure.

topsites
05-30-2010, 09:17 AM
Sorry I wasn't clear enough....Not a crossover type box....I'm talking about a knaack or greenlee type box. Thanks.

I knew what you were talking about, the reason I questioned it is why...
I've always had a crossover box, not once in my 9 years did I ever pay for one
because my first and third truck came with it, the second truck simply inherited
the box from my first one, granted they don't last forever but they can be fixed
and they do last some years plus apparently they're free, how that works.

And it might not be of much help to you, but I thought I'd mention it for anyone else who happens
to be reading this, them boxes are not terribly expensive but they're also not usually free.

my truck box is the same way. one lid covers the whole thing. although i wouldn't be opposed to the kind that have a left and right side lid.

My first one had side lids, things do get a bit hairy towards the center but it is nice because
the lid opens from the side you happen to be standing on (whereas, as you know, with the one
lid design you have to walk around the truck to unlatch it proper).
So they both have some advantage and disadvantage.

yardguy28
05-30-2010, 07:42 PM
I knew what you were talking about, the reason I questioned it is why...
I've always had a crossover box, not once in my 9 years did I ever pay for one
because my first and third truck came with it, the second truck simply inherited
the box from my first one, granted they don't last forever but they can be fixed
and they do last some years plus apparently they're free, how that works.

And it might not be of much help to you, but I thought I'd mention it for anyone else who happens
to be reading this, them boxes are not terribly expensive but they're also not usually free.

My first one had side lids, things do get a bit hairy towards the center but it is nice because
the lid opens from the side you happen to be standing on (whereas, as you know, with the one
lid design you have to walk around the truck to unlatch it proper).
So they both have some advantage and disadvantage.

my one lid design unlatches from either side. doesn't matter what side your on the whole thing opens from either left or right.

BINKY1902
05-30-2010, 11:16 PM
Yeah I've been thinking about getting one, has the cutouts for a forklift to get it out of the bed if needed. That's what all the traveling construction guys use, there is lots of room in them.