PDA

View Full Version : grandstand or vantage

turftracerhp
05-29-2010, 08:02 PM
is there really any difference besides the name?

blakerugg
05-29-2010, 08:40 PM
is there really any difference besides the name?

i dont have experience with either one but ive read on here that the exmark is the same thing just with all the small kinks worked out. try searching for it.

yardguy28
05-29-2010, 09:00 PM
the vantage is the same as the grandstand.

toro worked the kinks out of the grandstand so now they are the same machine. just different decks.

if your comparing the 2010 vantage to the 2009 grandstand then yes the vantage would be the machien without the kinks. but if your talking 2010 vantage vs. 2010 grandstand, they are both the same machine just different decks.

blakerugg
05-29-2010, 09:04 PM
the vantage is the same as the grandstand.

toro worked the kinks out of the grandstand so now they are the same machine. just different decks.

if your comparing the 2010 vantage to the 2009 grandstand then yes the vantage would be the machien without the kinks. but if your talking 2010 vantage vs. 2010 grandstand, they are both the same machine just different decks.

thanks for clarifying.

Josh32RVP
05-30-2010, 04:07 AM
I have the Vantage and went with it because instead of cables connecting for the steering, Exmark uses rods. No stretching and less maintenance!! I have no complaints with mine, it's the 52" 24hp. Good luck on making your decision and let me know if you have any questions...

yardguy28
05-30-2010, 07:52 PM
I have the Vantage and went with it because instead of cables connecting for the steering, Exmark uses rods. No stretching and less maintenance!! I have no complaints with mine, it's the 52" 24hp. Good luck on making your decision and let me know if you have any questions...

less maintenance???

the only maintenance my 09 grandstand requires is your daily, cleaning under the deck, changing or sharpening blades, cleaning air filter once a week and there are greasings to be done after x amount of hours.

i'm not trying to be a jerk but i don't think the vantage is ANY different than the grandstand. infact the 2010 grandstands have these rods as well.

Josh32RVP
05-30-2010, 08:20 PM
I stand corrected!! I bought the Vantage bc that is what I was told. I'm glad to see you like it!!
Posted via Mobile Device

tigerfan88
05-30-2010, 09:01 PM
demo a scag v-ride before you make up your mind. its an awesome machine!

yardguy28
05-30-2010, 09:28 PM
I stand corrected!! I bought the Vantage bc that is what I was told. I'm glad to see you like it!!
Posted via Mobile Device

again i'm not trying to be a jerk. nor do i want to come across like the vantage is not a good machine. because thats not true.

the vantage is a very good machine. but when you are comparing it to the grandstand the difference is the deck. if you like exmarks decks go with the vantage. if you like toro's go with the grandstand but other than that everything else about them is exactly the same.

the 09 grandstands had some kinks to be worked out and the vantage had those kinks worked out from the beginning. so do the 2010 grandstands.

demo a scag v-ride before you make up your mind. its an awesome machine!

and just what makes this machine so great? i've demo'd this machine and i wasn't impressed..........

lilweeds
05-31-2010, 09:56 PM
The Toro is still not using the rods. Exmark is having issues with the rods as we speak. Something with the part that compensates for the pumps moving up and down and the ground speeds changing with the change in deck height.