PDA

View Full Version : Help me correct this before they die

JeffNY
05-30-2010, 12:02 PM
I bought these last week, I had them in the shade, was watering them from a watering can (the water went right through and came out the holes in the bottom almost instantly) but this past week was pretty warm, couple days hit 91 deg. I moved them into the sun when they started looking sad, yesterday I gave them a good soaking with the hose because they still felt dry.

From the pictures, can you tell if this is a water problem, or should I move some out of the sun?

JeffNY
05-30-2010, 12:03 PM

cgaengineer
05-30-2010, 01:04 PM
Your best bet is to get them out of the pots and into the ground. If they are root bound it will be hard to get them enough water. Hydrangeas are shade/water demanding anyway.

PerfectEarth
05-30-2010, 01:08 PM
How did you transport those plants from the nursery?

JeffNY
05-30-2010, 01:09 PM
on my trailer, with one of those nets over them

ralanb
05-30-2010, 03:29 PM
Should be able to fix this by removing the plants from the pot and remove 1/2 the original soil and replace it with a mixture of peat moss and potting soil. Be sure to score the roots well. When you water the plants, the peat moss holds a good amount of moisture. Fertilize them with a little miracle grow for a few days. If planting in the soil, follow the same as above. That should save your plants.

cgaengineer
05-30-2010, 03:40 PM
Should be able to fix this by removing the plants from the pot and remove 1/2 the original soil and replace it with a mixture of peat moss and potting soil. Be sure to score the roots well. When you water the plants, the peat moss holds a good amount of moisture. Fertilize them with a little miracle grow for a few days. If planting in the soil, follow the same as above. That should save your plants.

I don't think the plants will die, but he does need to get them planted...none of them will probably look good until next season...especially the hydrangea.
Posted via Mobile Device