PDA

View Full Version : YAZOO KEYS???? any inputs

GrassIsGreenerLawnCare
05-30-2010, 12:26 PM
I'm always keeping my eyes open in want ads and craigslist etc, and found what i think to be a good deal for 2 Yazoo Keys commercial mowers, but i know absolutely nothing about them. Any input would be great....havent found much on them w/ search engine.

http://winchester.craigslist.org/grd/1745663792.html

theres the link....im sure i could talk it down some (thats why i thought it would be a good deal) lol i buy/fix/sell used dirtbikes etc, and have been thinkin about doing the same w/ mowers...sometimes i keep what i like. Just didnt know what u guys think about this brand of mower? Worth looking into or move along? Would consider keepin one if they are nice.

Hawg City Lawns
05-30-2010, 12:40 PM
other than its actually kees and not keys i dont know much about them

rm25x
05-30-2010, 01:43 PM
They are getting tougher to get parts for. We used to sell Kees where I work, then they became Yazoo Kee's after Yazoo purchaseds them, at one point Snapper owned them (when they went from orange in color to red), now they are part of the Husquvarna family. They don't even make any walk behinds anymore. I say if you have a local dealer who still handles them then maybe. But other then that I would pass. Just my $0.02

Lordtimothy
05-30-2010, 04:19 PM
Both of those are pretty good mowers. I have had a gear drive Yazoo/Kee's for a long time and it has worked out well for me.

That is a pretty good deal. That mower is identical to a iZ Husqvarna. So if you have any Husqvarna dealers near by you will be able to get parts if needed. You take in the serial number to the Husqvarna dealer and that will tell you the year it was made. Then just find the clone of it on the Husqvarna side. Only parts you may have issues with (and to be honest I don't think you would) is the deck parts as the iZ has the Tunnel Ram. The idlers and spindles "should" be the same. The deck and engine stats may not line up on the Husqvarna side but they are all the same except the front casters tubes on the 61'' iZ models.

Timothy

ZTR_Diesel
05-30-2010, 04:49 PM
I had a 48" 2002 Yazoo-Keys for about 1.5 years, and just sold it with 460 hours on it for 2100. Big letdown for me was a rather unreliable and unpredictable Briggs 18hp engine. However you don't have to deal with that since it has a Kawasaki engine.

I didn't have any other issues with mine, it was well built, however it seems they just don't advertise at all any more. Yazzo-Keys is an unknown company to most folks, even professionals.

Maybe Husquvarnia bought this company with the intent of getting the rights for the patents, designs, etc. Then run what's left into the ground, happens a lot these days.

highlander316
05-30-2010, 04:57 PM
where is that located exactly. I'm interested in the walk behind (have a 36" w/b and two 61" z's). The company is supposed to start producing walk behinds again next year from what I've been told.

GrassIsGreenerLawnCare
06-01-2010, 12:39 PM
thanks alot for the info guys. it helped me out in my decision. ive figured out its not worth the drive for such a so/so deal. HIGHLANDER:Its practically in west virginia but showed up in our local craigslist ads. I would drive it if it was worth it, but the guy couldnt even give me an estimate of hours on either mower. Plus he said hes had 2 people come to see them and not buy. (which i would'nt ever tell a potential buyer)! so my gut says stay away even tho there IS a husqy dealer nearby. Ive decided not to waste my time/money, but im glad ive learned a little about these mowers. thanks guys