PDA

View Full Version : Shindaiwa eb8520rt/eb802rt "hush mode"

dishboy
05-30-2010, 12:56 PM
Anybody have any feedback on the blowers and which is quieter. Have a couple of neighbors next to a high end account whining about my Redmax EB7001 noise and the client will buy me a quieter blower to pacify them.

rob7233
05-30-2010, 01:22 PM
According to Shindaiwa's website, both are rated at 65 dB(A). What they do is just cut back and limit the throttle in "Hush Mode". The EB802 is a 2 cycle and the other is a C4. However, you will get more volume(read-"work") from the EB8520 at any throttle position plus it has a different pitch to the noise. I would say the pitch is lower than the 2 cycle. Next time, you should try doing the research yourself. BTW; Who will own this blower after purchase and what if it's still not quite enough?

dishboy
05-30-2010, 01:34 PM
According to Shindaiwa's website, both are rated at 65 dB(A). What they do is just cut back and limit the throttle in "Hush Mode". The EB802 is a 2 cycle and the other is a C4. However, you will get more volume(read-"work") from the EB8520 at any throttle position plus it has a different pitch to the noise. I would say the pitch is lower than the 2 cycle. Next time, you should try doing the research yourself. BTW; Who will own this blower after purchase and what if it's still not quite enough?

Thanks for your info ,
1. I have researched this myself. It's Sunday shops are closed so I asked for feedback by ACTUAL users since it is impossible to demo either if they actually had them.
2. Why would it be any of your concern or business who owns the blower?, It would be gifted to me and if it is not quite enough I imagine the neighbors can ESAD as I am legal even with my LOUD redmax.

rm25x
05-30-2010, 03:54 PM
Best bet if you need a strong blower thats not too loud is the C4, I love mine (eb8520). My echo handheld is as loud as this backpack blower is.

jricker
05-31-2010, 10:01 AM
blowers with valves are trouble. my br 600 is on its way back to the factory. i bought the pb 770 and love it

lawnboy dan
06-01-2010, 07:53 AM
hush mode is just a gimmick. it just limits how far you can open the throttle

topsites
06-01-2010, 08:24 AM
I think a more reasonable solution would be to try and service the yard on
another day of the week, perhaps a different time of day, preferably when
the neighbors are at work but certainly not first thing in the morning and I'd
also stay away from late evenings.

That's what I would do, if they still don't like it ask them what would be a good time,
if supposedly no such time exists then explain that the work has to be done and there
will be some equipment running and you're willing to compromise but beyond that there's
simply not much doing.