PDA

View Full Version : factory pin stripes

robkel
04-10-2000, 10:11 PM
I am restoring a 1984 4wd blazer [two tone white over blue] I am trying to find factory pin stripes. I want them exactly like original [tri-stripe]. They taper as they go towards the front and turn down at the ft fenders near the grille .. Any help would be greatly appreciated !! thanks

JB
04-10-2000, 10:58 PM
Having had a restoration shop for a few years, from my experience I would suggest going to an auto body supply shop for your pin stripe. They will have catalogues for most pinstripes that were OEM. In some instances you might have to buy single color striping in the colors you want and then apply them in stages to make up the original color combinations. I have had to do this many times. For the Blazer you should be able to get the OEM striping. Be prepared to pay though! Hope this helps. JB

robkel
04-10-2000, 11:04 PM
THANKS JB. I DONT KNOW IF YOU NOTICED MY PROFILE BUT I AM A SERVICE MANAGER OF A CHEVROLET DEALER.MY PARTS MANAGER AND I HAVE SEARCHED ENDLESSLY FOR OEM STRIPES [ALL WE COULD FIND WAS TAIL GATE.] ANY SUGGESTIONS ON SPECIFIC SOURCES?? THANKS AHEAD <br>

JB
04-11-2000, 01:08 PM
I realized you were a service manager after I wrote my post. Have you tried LMC TRUCK or<br>GOLDEN STATE PICKUP PARTS? I'm not in the body business any more but still do my own paint work and restorations so next time i'm in a supply shop I will get some manufacturers names for you. Since your a service manager, what is your opinion on my post on retrofitting A/C to R-134A from R-12?<br>I'd appreciate any imput. Thanks JB

GeoffDiamond
04-11-2000, 04:57 PM
Try going to a place that does truck lettering. I know a guy that had is truck all pin stiped and deck out with other stuff, plus changed the 4X4 to a different color to match his two tone paint. Note it i just a sticker, so i am not sure how long it will last. Only that might be the way to go.<p>Geoff