PDA

View Full Version : Snowplow on a walkbehind?

Quail Creek LC
07-15-2002, 01:45 AM
Has anyone ever mounted a blade on a walkbehind. If soo how did it work? Does it have enough weight to push snow. Will regular turf tires with chains on them work? Post some pics if you have them. Thanks

Shadetree Ltd
07-15-2002, 03:07 AM
I do not have any pics but this last winter we tested a V plow on our 48" TT Frame. It worked out really well even with our wet and heavy snow. It would not remove ice but worked out. We did not even have to put the chains on. The V is about 6" narrower than a sidewalk so that one pass would clear an entire sidewalk. Next year we wil be putting the chains on and trying it with our Jungle wheels.

Scott

wxmn6
07-15-2002, 07:43 PM
I think that I remember reading an article in Snow Business magazine a year ago about a large snow management company in around Chicago area that use their walkbehinds with V plows that they made themselves for plowing sidewalks.

2tall
07-15-2002, 07:48 PM
Grasshopper and Ferris have snow plow accessories for their machines. Not for the walkbehind but for the outfront. Grasshopper in particular had some neat options you could get. Check out the Grasshopper website they have some free videos you can get that show all the acces. they have.

HarryD
07-15-2002, 11:27 PM
i used to work for guy that had a old hustler we plowed snow with had a 4 foot blade with a rubber cutting edge so we could do brick walks

this old hustler was controled with one hand instead of both like the new hustlers and ztr's so one controled the wheels the other controled the blade it was on snow moving machine also had a heated cab you could put on it .

zero turn snow pushing rocks