PDA

View Full Version : TT or Wildcat better on hills?

A Cut Above Lawn Care
05-31-2010, 12:07 AM
Hello all,
I mow a lot of hills near water. Its a bit scary at times. I mow with a walk behind currently. I am about to buy a ZTR, but need some suggestions.

Is the Turf Tiger/Briggs 35HP ($9999) or the Wild Cat/Kaw 26HP LC ($9299) better on hills. I have played with the Wild Cat on hills, but have no experience with the Turf Tiger.

The wild cat sits lower to the ground. The Turf Tiger has a wider stance. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

tacoma200
05-31-2010, 03:36 AM
I haven't found any thing that can follow me on my Turf Tiger especially up and across slopes. I'm sure there are some better but I haven't had the privilege of running one and I've owned most brands. I am currently cutting some area's that are so steep that many WB's would not do well. In fact I have the jobs because everyone else has refused them or can't cut them. The Turf Tiger is better no doubt. Hustler makes an ATZ that is made for slopes but I don't like the cut. Landpride I think makes a model that does great on hills. The new Lazer may keep up but I'm not sure. The wide stance and tank under the seat seem to make the Turf Tiger a natural on hills but don't turn down hill! It has great traction up and across a slope but not down.

SouthSide Cutter
05-31-2010, 05:46 AM
Ive got a 29TT and just traded for a 61 Tiger Cub which to me looks just like a TC or WC. It doesnt have the wide stance of the TT but does have 24x12x12 tires. Took it on the same slope and it done the same as my TT. The mower I traded a 61 Procat would not mow this slope with out sliding some times.

Mike Blevins
05-31-2010, 08:45 AM
I have owned both mowers and the Turf Tiger wins hands down. :usflag:

C4chris70
05-31-2010, 05:21 PM
My TT holds hills better than any mower I have seen!