PDA

View Full Version : Happy Memorial Day !

David Gretzmier
05-31-2010, 08:42 AM
Hope everyone that is off today has a vey enjoyable grilling, or resting, or TV watching day. or all three, or whatever suits your day off fancy. If you have to work or choose to work, I still encourage you to celebrate memorial day in some way.

If you have time and the notion, I would take a moment to remember the men and women who died not only for our freedom, but the freedom of others. My family has been fortunate in that we have only one or two I can think of generations back that died in some conflict or war. Other families I know have had to sacrifice multiple brothers, fathers and grandfathers, along with more recent sisters and moms.

While many may argue whether we should be in this foreign country or that trying to give them freedom and democracy, I cannot find fault with the individual men and women that serve our country. Here's to them ! :drinkup:

If anyone has any thoughts, stories of any friends or family that have served in uniform and died for thier country, here's a thread to share that story and remember them today. :usflag: :canadaflag: