PDA

View Full Version : which trailer gate assist?

1999frontier
05-31-2010, 09:29 AM
I want to buy a gate assist for my trailer. I'm wondering which is best for the money, gorilla lift or the elegator?

TomberLawn
06-02-2010, 12:41 PM
I had a Gorilla lift on my old 6x10 trailer. Dad bought a tractor and had to get a bigger trailer. I used the new trailer one day without the Gorilla lift and bought one from NorthernTool.com as soon as I got home. They work great. Just don't mount the cable too high up on the gate, or it won't have enough weight/leverage to stay down. I carry a small paver block with me to hold the gate down because I mounted mine too high. Still love the lift though.

rcslawncare
06-02-2010, 08:08 PM
I had the rack em' one and it sucked. Didn't work great and the cable frayed and snapped... Just got my new eLegator on and it is great. Its not cool looking, but serves its purpose, takes almost zero top rail space and is the safest design to date I'v seen. I have pictures of mine installed in the picture thread titled "RC's lawn care 2010" if you wanna see it installed!! My vote is to stay away from the cable lifts!

rreyn1812
11-13-2010, 03:34 PM
Just installed a Gorilla Lift set on my 16' trailer today with a 6 ft gate. My back is feeling better already!!!! It is great and works like a charm!

corey4671
11-13-2010, 04:10 PM
had two gorilla lifts on my 18ft now for about three years. had to replace a cable due to fraying but nothing major. Gorilla lift gets my vote

groundskeeperllc
11-25-2010, 08:38 AM
Eleagator all the way!!! Everybody around me has "Gorilla Lift", what a joke, takes up all your top rail, you have to drill 16 holes on your trailer, you have to replace cable and plastic rollers all the time. I went out on a limb and bought the Elegator system, best investment i've ever made, and no parts to replace, and a 5year warranty. I don't even have to reach down to pull up gate, either lift up with foot or pull from top of spring, amazing lifting power!!!

groundskeeperllc
11-25-2010, 08:43 AM
here is a video i made of my Elegator Spring Assists
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqajlcgHqIc