PDA

View Full Version : Did something stupid yesterday!

MikeKle
05-31-2010, 09:42 AM
I was mowing this one yard and she has a 30ft by 8ft section that I have never cut, it is supposedly her garden, but she hasnt used it in years, so she came out and wanted me to mow it down so she can till up and plant, so I am walking thru it checking for bricks, logs, chains, etc before I take the mower in it, and I found what I thought was a old piece of wood laying there, and started to tear it out, turns out it is an old grape vine stalk, it looked like a piece of driftwood laying there, it was about 5" in diameter, so it is very old. Thankfully she saw what I was doing and stopped me, but I did crack the stalk partially. I kept apologizing to her, but she said it will likely be OK. I felt so bad about this.

JohnBanks
05-31-2010, 09:55 AM
its okay she should have cleaned her garden

dougdm
05-31-2010, 10:02 AM
I agree.... she should have cleaned it out. I cleaned out a fence row 2 weeks ago (fence included) and mowed down some flowers that her mother planted years ago.....Didn't know and the job was done. She didn't say anything on the walk through. Sorry for her luck. Still got paid :)

MikeKle
05-31-2010, 10:15 AM
The Ferris DD i used had no problems mowing thru it all though! Two passes and it looked like the rest of the yard! Didnt even have to scrape the deck out.