PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys use?

Glenn Lawn Care
05-31-2010, 05:31 PM
1.) What do you guys use to scrap the botton of your mower decks with?

I use a puddy knife. It works pretty good until it get dull.

2.) What kind of blade sharpener do you use?

I have a DeWalt grinder, it works alright but I'm thinking of getting a maga matic.

GrassIsGreenerLawnCare
05-31-2010, 05:39 PM
i use a 10 inch flat head screw driver with what looks like a scraper head on it.(dont know what its called) its sharp as hell and i grind it w/ my millwaukee angle grinder when it needs sharpening. works great. i try to scrape the deck after i do some really thick, tall, or wet grass.

Darryl G
05-31-2010, 06:07 PM
I use a PUTTY knife or larger scraper sometimes. I use an angle grinder to sharpen blades and magnamatic balancer.

metro36
05-31-2010, 09:15 PM
Putty knife or 5in1 tool to scrape.
Dewalt angle grinder with a 36 grit flap disc to sharpen.

r.eckley
05-31-2010, 09:35 PM
Get a grassbuster, best thing i,ve used. Way better than a putty knife.

jhawk60
05-31-2010, 10:05 PM
I use a heavy 5in1 for scraping decks and a Milwaukee angle grinder for sharpening blades.

The tool GrassIsGreenerLawnCare is using is probably a gasket scraper.

CowboysLawnCare
05-31-2010, 11:14 PM
I use a air chissel with a 3 inch tool on it and a cheap side grinder with a flap wheel on it for the blades. The flap wheel is good because it doesn't take too much off at one time and leaves a good finish. My dealer recomended the wheel to me.

Sammy
05-31-2010, 11:32 PM
I don't know, but I done hear great things about 'dem 'dar "Puddy Knife's"

Magna-Matic
06-03-2010, 10:42 AM
Just a note to keep in mind: angle grinders have no way to control the consistency/repeatablity of the cutting edge angle. It is also very very diffucult to get the pointed tip of the blade back with angle grinders, and the pointed tip of the blade is the primary cutting tooth.

When you constantly change the angles of the blade you are removing more steel than you would need too. Magna-Matic sharpeners are the only units in the industry to maintain a consistent angle, which greatly extends the life of the blade by ONLY removing the steel needed to sharpen the blade, and not always change the angle.

Regarding blade cleaning we have released a new product.
http://www.magna-matic.com/product/mag-12008-lawn-mower-blade-cleaner

Thank you,