PDA

View Full Version : Off Season Equipment Pricing

ACER
07-15-2002, 04:03 PM
I'm thinking of getting a Exmark Lazer Z for next season, how much money can I save by buying in the off season vs buying now? Does it make any differance on price if I lease or buy?

beck
07-15-2002, 07:22 PM
Sometimes finance companies will run specials in the off season such as no payments til march.

Getting a better price in the off season is up to the dealer, mine discounted Dixies $500, others wont budge off of MSRP.

To Lease or Buy would probably be a good question for an accountant. Each has a different way to "write off" your new purchase. You will have to decide which is more appealing to you.

Dennis E.
07-15-2002, 07:36 PM
Lease-100% write-off each month on payments.
A buy is going to mean some type of depreciation schedule for a period of time.(Over a ten year period?)
(Check with your accountant on the buy)
I leased my ZTR along with some much needed office equipment and got a real good rate on a lease.The interest on the buy scenario was outrageous.
The slow months are a good time to look for deals.

BTW ... the difference in rates between the buy vs. the lease was about 8%. In favor of the lease. With a $1.00 buy-out at the end.

ACER
07-15-2002, 10:48 PM
My accountant recommends leasing over buying. I have found a dealer with one Lazer Z 60" 23hp unit left over from the promotional period, price is still $6999, after this one is sold they go back to $8500. This dealer also has a 27hp diesel on sale for $11999.00, regular price is around $14000.00. (Man I wish I could justifiy the diesel.) Do you think I can find better prices than these during the off season? Thanks for the help

Jim Feder
07-16-2002, 12:08 AM
we buy all our scags in the winter and save lots just last winter on a 48" cub and 36" walk behind we saved about 2300.00. We just see what we need wait for a good snow and work all day and on the way home go buy a new toy. It may help that the dealer knows if he gives us a good price we pay for it in full the day we pick it up. Some times it is not the brand but the dealer that is going to give you the serv you need.:D

ACER
07-16-2002, 01:11 PM
How about you Exmark guys, will I get a better price if I wait? Anyone lease with Exmarks pro lease? If so what do you think of it?

ACER
07-17-2002, 07:13 PM
btt