PDA

View Full Version : Demo'd a Turf Tracer HP 54

Hell on Blades
05-31-2010, 08:36 PM
Turned in my demo on Friday morning. WOW WOW WOW ...

This machine outperformed my current mower by leaps and bounds. Yards that were double cut all spring aren't any longer. Yards that were scalping around certain areas are not.

One specific spot I did scalp was at the base of a 25 degree hill, around several trees. Fortunately it was in my own yard, and I wanted to test its limits.

It went so well, that I pick up my new 48" tomorrow !!!

:laughing::laughing:

Exmark#1
05-31-2010, 10:00 PM
What engine are you getting on your new 48?

tacoma200
05-31-2010, 11:19 PM
How much did that set you back. I hear the larger units are pretty expensive depending on where you live?

ToroLandscaper
05-31-2010, 11:50 PM
Turned in my demo on Friday morning. WOW WOW WOW ...

This machine outperformed my current mower by leaps and bounds. Yards that were double cut all spring aren't any longer. Yards that were scalping around certain areas are not.

One specific spot I did scalp was at the base of a 25 degree hill, around several trees. Fortunately it was in my own yard, and I wanted to test its limits.

It went so well, that I pick up my new 48" tomorrow !!!

:laughing::laughing:

Congrats on the new purchase, I have a 48" Turf Tracer and really like it. The only suggestion I have is to put fluid film on the deck while it is new and continue to do so ever so often, this will prevent build up under the deck. The only problems I have had with the Turf Tracer HP I have is that in wet conditions it will sometime clump a bit, and having the deck scraped ad sprayed with fluid films prevents deck build up which prevents clumping.

Exmark Turf Tracers are BY FAR the best walk behind on the market.

Hell on Blades
06-01-2010, 04:33 AM
I've got the 19hp Kaw on it. The dealer happened to have a new 2009 still in the shop.

Hell on Blades
06-01-2010, 10:03 PM
Update -- Picked up the mower today. Did not get the 19 with electric start -- opted for the 17 with recoil. I like to keep things simple and the electric start is just another thing to go wrong.

rm25x
06-01-2010, 10:18 PM
17 is still plenty for a 48 walk behind. Congrats.

Southside Lawn Services
06-01-2010, 10:23 PM
I have an 08 TTHP 48" w/ the 19 electric start. I've never had a second of problems and love not having to pull start on my 12th job of the day when it's 100* outside.
Posted via Mobile Device

Exmark#1
06-01-2010, 10:25 PM
What does a new tthp cost these days? With a 48" deck and electric start engine.

Tall Rider
06-01-2010, 10:49 PM
$7000-7200 around here. B.S. if u ask me

turftracerhp
06-02-2010, 12:01 AM
i have a 52 and a 48 and amgetting ready to get another and they are the best machine ive ever used.in wet grass just drop the throttle a bit and the grass will not clump hardly at all.the cut is amazing and i love running them.

Hell on Blades
06-02-2010, 12:23 AM
I'm out the door with a stripe kit, weight kit and velke for $5972. I did take the 09 floor model and have the 17 horse recoil, but I think I got a pretty good deal...

Please don't burst my bubble and tell me I could have done better.

Puddle of Oil
06-02-2010, 01:31 PM
$6500 for a 52 elec start!
Posted via Mobile Device

genesis215
06-02-2010, 04:39 PM
The Turf Tracer HP 48" w. 17HP Kawasaki and recoil-start is what I would like for my next walk-behind. I have a 52" electric start Turf Tracer HP, but wish I had the 48" so I could maneuver better, and fit through gates. I also miss the pull start on my old 48", the electric start is awful.

You made a great choice in every way.

BadRancher
06-02-2010, 09:21 PM
$7000-7200 around here. B.S. if u ask me

Wow. I paid $5700 for my TT HP 52"

I love my TT it cuts well and stripes well too. Mine is a 17hp also. I have had a few scalping issues though, but it was due to yard shape layout. It is now my primary mower. My 36" exmark is only used on 2 yard right now. I'm thinking of dumping those yards and selling it. I have a 48" Bobcat for backup.

FuturePilot4u
06-09-2010, 12:33 AM
I have an 08 TTHP 48" w/ the 19 electric start. I've never had a second of problems and love not having to pull start on my 12th job of the day when it's 100* outside.
Posted via Mobile Device

my elec start has spoiled me i don't think i eva would buy a recoil now

MikeKle
06-09-2010, 12:49 AM
I have a 2005 TTHP, 52" with 19hp, recoil start, and it is a pretty good mower, I use it on many yards, as the metro is only for small and hilly yards, and the full size TT and the ferris DD is used only on larger yards, so my hp gets plenty of use and it cuts great, people always tell me it leaves a cut that resembles green carpet, it is so smooth! The only thing I dont like, is using it in wet or thick grass, they will clump and clog up instantly in either! all due to the front under-deck baffle, I have been wanting to cut it out, but am worried what the cut will be like after doing that? However your 52" with a 17hp seems a bit underpowered?

BadRancher
06-09-2010, 03:20 AM
I have a 2005 TTHP, 52" with 19hp, recoil start, and it is a pretty good mower, I use it on many yards, as the metro is only for small and hilly yards, and the full size TT and the ferris DD is used only on larger yards, so my hp gets plenty of use and it cuts great, people always tell me it leaves a cut that resembles green carpet, it is so smooth! The only thing I dont like, is using it in wet or thick grass, they will clump and clog up instantly in either! all due to the front under-deck baffle, I have been wanting to cut it out, but am worried what the cut will be like after doing that? However your 52" with a 17hp seems a bit underpowered?

Agreed on the clumping. The 17hp is good enough though. Its pulls me (250lbs.)around and cuts great

brucec32
06-29-2010, 01:26 PM
Looks like the price one pays varies widely based on supply/demand at the time and how much a dealer wants to move a unit off the floor.

Anyone have any problems with steering it around? My concern is the need to change from low to high speed with a seperate lever? From how popular it is I suspect you just get used to it and it's seamless.

The cut is great, I have the same deck on my lazer hp. I'm tired of buying other mowers that just don't seem to do everything as well in terms of vaccum power, clipping dispersal and size, and mulching.