PDA

View Full Version : toro z 597 D Under powered

SharpLawnCare
05-31-2010, 10:22 PM
So i was out mowing i have a toro z 597 D 60"(50 Hours). wet not not soaked grass 6-8" tall and it bog-gs. I was like what the heck and i was not even going fast i don't mow faster then 7 mph ever. I want to know if anyone Else with this mower has issues like this. I would be vary disappointed if there nothing wrong.

Lawnut101
05-31-2010, 10:33 PM
All mowers will bog in that tall of grass especially when wet.

ToroLandscaper
05-31-2010, 10:40 PM
So i was out mowing i have a toro z 597 D 60"(50 Hours). wet not not soaked grass 6-8" tall and it bog-gs. I was like what the heck and i was not even going fast i don't mow faster then 7 mph ever. I want to know if anyone Else with this mower has issues like this. I would be vary disappointed if there nothing wrong.

I have the exact same mower, (60" Turbo Force, 23hp Kubota diesel) and can honestly say that I have never once thought that the mower was short on power. This is my second diesel, my first one was a Kubota zd28 (28hp Kubota engine, which I sold) and honestly I have always felt that the power on the Toro was actually MORE than the Kubota which had 5 more hp. I have always just assumed that the power difference was because the hyrdros on the Toro are so much more responsive which made it feel more powerful and that the weight of the Toro was less than that of the Kubota mower.

I have owned all kinds of mowers and have never found a zero turn that I like as much as the Toro 597d. I have always thought that there was more than enough power and it seems to sip fuel.

I can mow at FULL SPEED the majority of the time and get a really decent cut. I have never really experienced the mower bogging down in wet grass either, granted I will slow down some if it is wet just because I do not want the grass to clump, but as far as power I have not ever felt that the machine was underpowered.

Needless to say I have never had a mower that I am so fond of and am really quite surprised that you are having any problems with yours.

SharpLawnCare
05-31-2010, 10:47 PM
I have used gas ztr befor and never had a problem. this is my first diesel it has the 27 HP* Daihatsu® Not kubota. I don't know if they have them under power for break in or not. but i don't think i should have the loss of power mowing grass like this. Vary lost and confused.

ToroLandscaper
05-31-2010, 11:33 PM
I have used gas ztr befor and never had a problem. this is my first diesel it has the 27 HP* Daihatsu® Not kubota. I don't know if they have them under power for break in or not. but i don't think i should have the loss of power mowing grass like this. Vary lost and confused.

My mistake, I have the 593d (which is the one with the 23hp Kubota)

How many hours does yours have on it and did you recently purchase it? If so, new or used?

ToroLandscaper
05-31-2010, 11:44 PM
Now I see that it only has 50 hours on it, that is very strange.

If I were you I would take it to the dealership and have them look over it and ask them about it...

SharpLawnCare
06-01-2010, 12:14 AM
i picked it up for a steal. 12500 after taxes. 0% for 24 months. But anyways I prolly take it in tomm or Wen. Hopefully it something. because this would be a shame.