PDA

View Full Version : Whats the Best Form Of Advertising

burnsyscapes
05-31-2010, 11:58 PM
What source of advertising has got you the most buisness.
I just started this year and for the past 2 months i have only done work inside the HOA i live in. yeah its nice but it has been only enough the pay the bills.
ANY help of adviced would be greatly appriciated.

JFGauvreau
06-01-2010, 08:14 AM
The work you do is your best advertising... word of mouth is also very good.

But also I use business cards, cost me around 80$ for 1000 and I just leave them at the doors, around 1% return.

ferdinand711
06-01-2010, 08:22 AM
What source of advertising has got you the most buisness.
I just started this year and for the past 2 months i have only done work inside the HOA i live in. yeah its nice but it has been only enough the pay the bills.
ANY help of adviced would be greatly appriciated.

2500 postcards for $86.95 on sale right now. tuck it in their doors or clip it on the mail box.

bohiaa
06-01-2010, 11:03 PM
Dont think that your going to get out there and blow everyone outta the water.

it simply doesn't work that way.
if you have been in business for less than a year and your paying your bills, your ahead of most start up cos.

there is NO magic way to become rich over night.

and they dont hire 20 year old Presidents...... " they just DONT "

Mrs. H
06-10-2010, 12:07 PM
Having your number listed in the phone book. If you are already a phone company customer you can have your number listed in a one-liner in the yellow pages for free under lawncare section. Usually, if you just want a small ad it will run about $25 or $50. But in my experience, most customers went to the yellow pages first.

Cutting_perfection
06-16-2010, 10:18 PM
Google, Google, Google, and maybe yahoo

meicher806
06-23-2010, 05:27 PM

thats what i have been doing wrong? yahoo,yahoo, yahoo and then google? lol..

but really google seems to be one of our best sources short of going door to door and talking to people.

OutsideImprovements
06-27-2010, 01:55 PM
I've had pretty good luck from craigslist and it's free.

mark123
06-27-2010, 02:29 PM
This year most of my new jobs came from being the first search result on google local for my city.

poolboy
06-27-2010, 07:43 PM
#1 Word of mouth is. #2 Web search (need to work on this more with us). #3 we advertise in one very local yellow page for a high end demographic.

Cutting_perfection
06-29-2010, 11:19 AM
I dont really see the use in the yellow pages anymore. Its really expensive and honestly It may be my age but I havent touched one in years. Its far to easy to search online from either a computer or a smartphone.

Dominating the search results is very important. I can't tell you how many people tell me they called me because I have a website and was on the top results for their search. With that said, I'm not even happy with my site yet. It just shows that your company is on top of the latest way of getting information out.

I am currently redesigning my website to include more content that I can provide for my users, customers or not, as it gives me credibility and someday when they need services, they will call.

One more thing that I am working on, writing your story. With the whole social media movement, we have became more personable again. Make your company that way too. Whats your company's story?

TJLANDS
06-29-2010, 05:29 PM
Does anybody actually use the phone book?
Not around here.
For me the best form of advertising, besides all of my trucks(which are all the same color and logo) is direct mail.
I send out one mass mailer in the spring, which always lands me a good number of new accounts.
I then saturate smaller neighborhoods I want with multiple mailings until I get enough and then my trucks and our work does the rest.
People need to know you are there when they decide to look for a lawn service.

Mrs. H
07-26-2010, 05:53 PM
I dont really see the use in the yellow pages anymore. Its really expensive and honestly It may be my age but I havent touched one in years. Its far to easy to search online from either a computer or a smartphone.

A good point to make would be that the best form of advertising is going to be the one your target customer is going to use.

If you live in an upper-urban area with tech savvy people then a website would be perfect. But, if you are going to cater to a rural community with a lot of retirees or elderly, I think the phone book is still a good way to go, but only a cheap one-liner...not a big layout. I agree that those are spendy.

Word of mouth and nice truck lettering are my next favorites.

Glenn Lawn Care
07-26-2010, 08:44 PM
The work you do is your best advertising... word of mouth is also very good.

But also I use business cards, cost me around 80$ for 1000 and I just leave them at the doors, around 1% return.

I got 2000 for $80 from Fed Ex kinko's copy place.