PDA

View Full Version : How to handle a picky customer

armyofgoodmusic
06-01-2010, 12:11 PM
So i did a mulch install 3 days ago for a woman id never worked for before. She has us spread 4 yards in what i told her would surely need 5. When the 4 yards was gone i had to go to the landscape yard and get the extra yard for her. She also had us rake her grass to remove some thatch. I told her it needed a full on power raking but she told me no she wanted it raked by hand. So we raked the entire yard with a garden rake and pulled up about 1 full yard waste bag full (it was a small yard). Three days later she calls me complaining about the job saying there is still dead grass in the yard and i say of course there is there will always be you should have had it power raked for much better results. She begins to tell me that i dont know what im talking about and i better send her back everything i charged to rake her yard or she would stop payment on the check. How would you guys handle this?? I have her check..she wants $100 back, should i just deposit the check or should i send her back what she wants and move on?

DJJS
06-01-2010, 12:29 PM
Just cash it. If she thinks she knows more then you then she should do it herself, that's how I always look at it at least. Nothing annoys me more then someone who doesn't know sh*t about sh*t but thinks they know everything

ajslands
06-01-2010, 12:30 PM
I'd say I've been doing this 20 years, you've been doing it about five minutes, then I'd drop her,
Posted via Mobile Device

T R E Y
06-01-2010, 12:30 PM
Cash it at her bank.

mnglocker
06-01-2010, 12:58 PM
Cash it at her bank.

THIS. RFN, cash it or you won't see a dime. She's looking for BS to get out of the bill. I'd take a wild guess this isn't her first time screwing a lawn/landscape guy.

Basilhayden
06-01-2010, 01:04 PM
Pains in the ass usually show early signs that they are pains in the ass. I have made it a rule of thumb to steer clear of these types.

topsites
06-01-2010, 02:32 PM
You can cash the check but it wouldn't be right
because you agreed to do the work on her terms.

dhunterd08
06-01-2010, 04:13 PM
I'd say I've been doing this 20 years, you've been doing it about five minutes, then I'd drop her,
Posted via Mobile Device

that made me lol literally. I would try to work something out or just give it back. People like that can cost you $100 today or $1,000 tommorrow in bad mouthing you to everyone she knows.