PDA

View Full Version : 21" toro proline mulch

dex242
06-01-2010, 12:33 PM
any one know what gator blades fits the 21" toro proline I have bought 2 sizes already and none fit

mds2000
06-01-2010, 09:08 PM
toro has there own mulch blade (atomic mulching blade) i have only had my toro proline for about 2 weeks now would like to try it but have not had a chance yet:canadaflag:

Roger
06-01-2010, 09:58 PM
I have a Toro ProLine, and have both a Gator blade and an Atomic blade.

You can get the Gator blade from PowerEquipmentWarehouse. I don't know the part number, but they can help you right away.

I don't use either for grass. The Gator holds too much grass under the deck, and requires much power to run. On the other hand, the Atomic blade requires very little power because it has little lift. Yes, it will cut through grass, but will leave a less-than-desirable cut. Wheel tracking from the previous pass will mean that grass will not get cut well at all. The Atomic blade will work well in a badly overgrown area -- first pass just to know down tall growth. Change the blades and finish with something else.

I do use the Gator in the Fall for leaves. It works well for that purpose. The Atomic is not even much use for leaves. Since it has so little lift, it will literally run over leaves before pulling them up and mulching.

I use a high-lift blade for bagging. It is much better than an OEM blade The high-lift will not mulch at all. It drops nothing out from under the deck - 10, 20 feet of travel, depending upon growth, and the engine is tapped out.

lawnboy dan
06-02-2010, 08:02 AM
i have gators on my prolines and the cut is great

JDExmark
06-02-2010, 08:29 AM
never used gators on my pro line - stock mulching blade works fine

Buck123
06-02-2010, 01:19 PM
Check Bailey's. They show that you can by gator blades for that model.

never used gators on my pro line - stock mulching blade works fine

He's right though, there's really no need for them, the stock ones work great!

dex242
06-02-2010, 06:24 PM
well i just ordered 2 plugs so im gonna try the stock ones it just sucks that i spent money on dam blades that dont even work when they turn they hit underneath on the plastic lol