PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Scag Wildcat Pricing

TreeDog
06-01-2010, 12:52 PM
Hello! First off, I am new to the site and have really enjoyed the many topics and discussions on this forum. I am planning on purchasing a Scag Wildcat towards the end of summer. I have priced them at local dealers (of which the closest is about 20 miles, farthest about 55 miles) and have taken into consideration maintenance aspects, travel, etc. I am really interested in either the 25 kawi or 26 LC Kawi with the 48" or 52" deck. So far the best price I have found was $9250 out the door. Is this what I should expect or should I broaden my search a bit? Again, I was planning on waiting towards the end of summer, so some dealers may try to move the models out they have had all summer and might get a better deal then. Thanks and appreciate any feedback anyone is willing to offer.

Mike Blevins
06-01-2010, 03:16 PM
Thats a few hundred more than around here. I would think you could buy a 26 liquid cooled for around $8700-8900.00. They are awsome mowers. I put near 700 hours on mine with no problems( not even a belt) before I upgraded to the Tiger. I am on my fourth Scag, you just cant beat em in my opinion.

Rons Rightway Lawncare
06-02-2010, 07:22 AM
That is way too much. I have had 3 Scags, all simular, a 61 inch tiger cub, a 61 inch wildcat and a 61 inch tiger cub converted to a wildcat. I never paid more than 7000 grand new for any of them.

A regular tiger cub and a wildcat are the same. The wildcat has a better seat and run flat front tires. You can add a suspension seat to a tiger cub and have a better seat than a wildcat for less money. And I prefer air type front tires as they ride much smoother and softer than the run flats.

scagmanjosh
06-03-2010, 10:08 AM
Agree, if youre going with a 48" or 52", just get a Tiger Cub/Cat. The WildCat has a few more bells/whistles, like a hydro oil cooler, soft ride seat, etc., but thats just overpriced for a 48" mower IMO. You should be able to get a Tiger Cat 48" for ~$7400 or less if you shop around.

Check pricing on the Tiger Cat SS promo they have been running.

TreeDog
06-03-2010, 10:34 AM
I wouldn't be opposed to the Tiger Cat, however they only offer the 19 Kawi or the 25 Kohler. I like the idea of having the 25 or 26 Kawi as far as power and longevity goes. Is the 19 Kawi or 25 Kohler enough to handle some moderate hills? Also plan on using mulching blades and plate. I have 5 mature Maples in my yard along with a mature Tulip Poplar, Sweet Gum, and Sycamore. So, leaves in the Fall are a mess.

Cooter
06-03-2010, 12:15 PM
You can get a 27 Kohler in the Tiger Cat SS. Suspension seat and no flat fronts.
Posted via Mobile Device