PDA

View Full Version : Toro 52" Grandstand

Kingstowne Lawn
06-01-2010, 02:40 PM
I recently bought (3) 52" Grandstands. Love the machines!! We are having a problem with one of the units. After about 1.5 hours of use the control levers become very difficult to push. We are using Mobil 1 oil. The machine has 150 hours of use on it. The temperature coming off of the pumps are right side 162 and left side 184. Please advise.

Todd

The Toro Company
06-02-2010, 10:54 AM
Kingstowne Lawn -

Glad to hear you love the performance of your GrandStands. Per the instructions in your owners manual, we would suggest that you immediately try spraying the motion control linkage on the sides of the pumps with a dry lubricant product (NOT WD40, oil, grease or anything that will attract retain dust/dirt). Dry lubricants can be purchased at an automotive supply store. If this does not resolve the issue it should go into a dealer to be diagnosed. Hope this helps.

-The Toro Company

joe crumpler services
09-11-2010, 09:54 PM
Hydrotex makes several spray lube products that are specifically formulated NOT to attract dust. Their primary use is for agricultural harvesting equipment.

br549oicu8
09-15-2010, 02:15 PM
Is Toro working on a fix to replace the lift assists that have been going out on the Grandstands?? I just bought 2 new Toro G3's and love them, but a good friend is in a pickle having to replace the lifts all the time on both of his Grandstand mowers.
Thanks and see you at the GIE.

robertsturf
09-15-2010, 02:44 PM
Is Toro working on a fix to replace the lift assists that have been going out on the Grandstands?? I just bought 2 new Toro G3's and love them, but a good friend is in a pickle having to replace the lifts all the time on both of his Grandstand mowers.
Thanks and see you at the GIE.

I hope to hear from you guys soon, going on 24hrs, otherwise I guess I'll look you up at the GIE. Geez talk about customer service. Thats more than a month away!

The Toro Company
09-16-2010, 10:25 AM
br549oicu8-
New, heavier duty gas shocks were released for MY'09 models a few months ago. To the eye they are slightly larger in diameter than the original design. Have your friend check with the dealer to insure that he is getting the most current gas shock (dealer can check service bulletin for part #).

-The Toro Company

br549oicu8
09-16-2010, 01:31 PM
My friend posted right under mine, Robertsturf.
Please convey what is needed to him. The dealer we both use is excellent. The rep that came around and sold us 2 new Toro's was awesome. I just hope these issues are resolved. Seems like he has already had the new shocks and they were not any better. Maybe a design flaw? Maybe a factory provided upgrade? I had a problem with a Kubota many years ago and they took care of it after 10 years and 2000 hours. That's excellent service. They realized it was a flaw and took care of business. Toro has a great reputation and I would expect similar results. I'll look forward to the responses and resolve and see you guys personally in Louisville at the GIE!!!!
Thanks

robertsturf
09-16-2010, 07:51 PM
br549oicu8-
New, heavier duty gas shocks were released for MY'09 models a few months ago. To the eye they are slightly larger in diameter than the original design. Have your friend check with the dealer to insure that he is getting the most current gas shock (dealer can check service bulletin for part #).

-The Toro Company

That has been one of my points all along. It seems like they keep putting inferior parts right back on the machines. I assumed they were getting the updated parts from Toro, I have enough issues to take care of with running a business than to baby sit a dealer who really does know more than I do about repairing equipment.

br549oicu8
09-16-2010, 09:50 PM
I truly think they will resolve this for you, my friend. I'd bet there are engineers searching now for a super replacement or modification. Toro has been around a long time, and has an excellent reputation. I believe they want happy and totally satisfied customers from my experience.
Keep the faith!!!!

br549oicu8
09-21-2010, 10:25 PM
Well, I figured this was a good time to see if Toro had contacted Robertsturf???
Having just purchased 2 new Toro's, I am watching and listening closely.

robertsturf
09-22-2010, 12:10 PM
Back in the shop today!! More loose nuts and bolts! Couldn't drive the mower forward had to back it into the trailer!! Control lever assembly issues again!! Dealer was fantastic about it, not sure about the manufacturer!!

br549oicu8
09-22-2010, 10:59 PM
Have you had those problems with the Wright Stander??

robertsturf
09-22-2010, 11:03 PM
NONE!! They just don't have a good deck on them and don't have the cushion platform or heighth adjustment like these. If I wanted to mow with the mower in circles it would be ok!! One side of the control lever bracket came completely apart. I think they were assembled by the Council of the Blind! No offence to the blind people~~

robertsturf
10-18-2010, 11:45 PM
Update with the mowers, they sent updated parts to the dealer to "fix" the control lever issues. We'll see. I noticed that the pad on the back of the mower where the operator stands is loose again. Also replaced several times!!

robertsturf
11-04-2010, 08:40 PM
Fixed the control levers with updated versions of the linkage. Thank you to Toro for these fixes. Also decided to purchase another Grandstand today over the new Stander X. Much better cut even with my GS that has 400 or so hrs!!

tomsyardcare
08-09-2012, 09:33 PM
br549oicu8-

-The Toro Company

I recently purchased a toro grandstand here in MA from Fred's Duxbury Fix-It.
It has been in the shop approx. ten times now. I only have 145 hrs. on it to date. The latest issue are the gas shocks. We replace the shock on the right side(operater's right), I must say it was a bit difficult considering it is only 2 bolts. Then the left side went, so to speed up the repair the dealer took a shock of the other 52" GS they had for sale(which I am considering purchasing) Both me and the dealer's mechanic could not get the 2nd bolt through the hole( the bottom hole) as it does not line up. Ther is no way to compress the shock enough the get it to line up. I wound up taking the machine as I needed it to mow my accounts and I plan to drop it off tomorrow after I am done for the week.(8/10/12). Could it be that the shock taken from the other machine is different? Or is there some trick to getting the bolt to line up with the hole? I will say I and my crew love using the machine, however having to bring it to the shop every week has made me very hestitent about purchasing the other one. It is a leftover 2011 model 52" 23 H.P. GS purchased at Fred's Duxbury Fix-it in Duxbury, MA. mY NAME IS Tom Finch owner of Tom's Yardcare of Duxbury MA. I can be reached @ 781-249-4701. Thank you