PDA

View Full Version : My 2 cycle leaks oil

A1 Lawn@Landscapes
07-15-2002, 05:53 PM
:confused: I bought a husqvarna 322l 3 weeks ago. It always smoked a little but ran great. I now have black oil leaking out of the mufler and it runs terrible. I have used husqvarna oil mixed as directed and have made no adjustments to it. Anything I can do to avoid a costly(timewise) trip to the dealer?

mowerconsultant
07-15-2002, 06:06 PM
Sounds like you have a plugged exhaust screen.
Take off the screen, and it should run like a champ.

Later
Pj

Dennis E.
07-15-2002, 06:18 PM
Usually after a short break-in on new 2 cycle equip. the first thing to go is the spark arrestor(screen).
Does wonders for power.

A1 Lawn@Landscapes
07-15-2002, 06:38 PM
I removed the screen at the exit port of the muffler. It was loaded with oil. This is a safety item that could actually cause a fire. It is like I added a few cc's to the engine. Again thanks for saving me an hour or two at the dealer.
Kerry

Dennis E.
07-15-2002, 06:50 PM
You'll need to pull off the muffler now and then to check the exhaust port. That will get a carbon build up over time also.
(Be very careful cleaning it out):D

awm
07-15-2002, 08:29 PM
i use that oil and 90 oct in 6 diff types of
2cycle.. what i like most is never having to fool with exhaust ports,with this mix.
if u are 50-1with the mix,kinda makes me wonder a bit.but if its running good, guess u problem is solved.
in fact i dont ever have to do nothin but keep the airfilter clean. husq,echo,and stihl ,all oils i can recommend.

General Grounds
07-15-2002, 08:42 PM
:blob3: A1, be very careful with the husky oil, loaded w/ ash, which = ton of build up. since i switched to smokeless 2 stroke from J. thomas and super unleaded had not one port plug up. tony