PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about getting a greentouch extreme trailer rack

brodo374
06-01-2010, 10:02 PM
I am a little worried about the way this rack mounts to trailer... It does not appear that it would be very sturdy(for lack of a better word) since it only mounts to the top portion of trailer sides, while the trimmer trap and others mount to an additional section of trailer. extreme racks seem to get the best reviews, however i would like some input before i purchase. can someone with extreme racks tell me about this?

Robert Pruitt
06-01-2010, 10:38 PM
i have the trimmer trap rack. it is welded to the top and bottom rail, with the bottom of rack sitting on wood floor.

Knight511
06-01-2010, 10:39 PM
Extreme sells an extension kit to have the dual mount to the floor and side rail. I would go ahead and get the motor holders too with the order since it may be rare, but the shafts on trimmers can sheer off with this rack.

T.E.
06-01-2010, 10:40 PM
I am a little worried about the way this rack mounts to trailer... It does not appear that it would be very sturdy(for lack of a better word) since it only mounts to the top portion of trailer sides, while the trimmer trap and others mount to an additional section of trailer. extreme racks seem to get the best reviews, however i would like some input before i purchase. can someone with extreme racks tell me about this?

Weld it to the top rail, and it will be fine. I've had just about all of the best made trimmer racks, and the only one I'll buy now is the extreme.

Jason Rose
06-01-2010, 11:07 PM
Unless your top rail is flimsy you really won't have much of an issue. I agree that the extenders may be the way to go though. I don't have them on mine but where I mounted my rack I have plenty of support under the rail (solid plate steel).

I had the trimmer trap 3 place rack and replaced it with the Xtreme rack. Night and day difference. I love that my trimmer shafts and grips aren't being ripped up anymore!

brodo374
06-02-2010, 12:04 AM
All right then...should i mount in front of trailer or on side. does it make a difference?...what about a blower rack?

ashgrove landscaping
06-02-2010, 12:22 AM
Jungle jim is the most simple design. One movement, no pins or keys to lose or fumble with and pretty cheap. Plus they re well built.

GrassIsGreenerLawnCare
06-02-2010, 12:55 AM
there was just a post of someone who had a extreme rack and it sheered off there trimmer motor. he said it was because it held the trimmer too tightly therefore the trimmer was taking all the impact of each bounce causing the motor to cut right off the shaft. look it up, he had pics........they say a little bouncing isnt a bad thing as long as u have a rubber pad insert or sumthing to soften the blow a little. i like the looks and reviews of the trimmer trap, but its just too pricey for me right now. my triple trimmer rack was $80 new and has worked great. i modified the inside holders with a rubber/foamish material

Robert Pruitt
06-02-2010, 07:24 AM
have the the spool end secured with a bungee cord to keep it jumping around during transit.

MarcSmith
06-02-2010, 07:43 AM
if you get the green touch get the extension for the motor support.
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=286293

having the trimmer/edger "loose" prevents any harmonic vibration from setting up.