PDA

View Full Version : Bri-Mar Dump trailer recommendation

Petr51488
06-01-2010, 11:16 PM
Just a heads up. If you have a bri-mar dump trailer and has shackles that connect from the equilizer to the leaf springs, i would suggest either replacing them, or at the very least, inspecting them. I had mine shear off on one side.... luckily i wasnt on a highway, but i did have to drive it home with the rear spring not connected to the equilizer. I ordered 8 new shackles, bolts and nuts and replaced them all.

pitrack
06-02-2010, 01:05 AM
Just a heads up. If you have a bri-mar dump trailer and has shackles that connect from the equilizer to the leaf springs, i would suggest either replacing them, or at the very least, inspecting them. I had mine shear off on one side.... luckily i wasnt on a highway, but i did have to drive it home with the rear spring not connected to the equilizer. I ordered 8 new shackles, bolts and nuts and replaced them all.

How old is the trailer? That is bs.

Petr51488
06-02-2010, 09:51 AM
I think 3 years old. The other side also had some wear in it. MY other heavy duty dump doesnt have shackles and is connected directly to the frame of the trailer without shackles. I suppose its from overloading it.

pitrack
06-02-2010, 11:54 PM
I see, I believe my PJ dump has shackles, I will have to take a look at them.

jwsland
06-15-2010, 07:07 AM
I have an 08 bri-mar dump. same thing happened to me. loaded up i hit a pothole, ripped the shackles out and snapped a leaf spring. replaced a bunch of stuff and no problems since.

Chairmnofthboard
07-22-2010, 08:43 PM
It doesn't matter what brand of trailer you have. If you are using those shackles they WILL tear off. It happens from overloading usually. There are some upgraded shackles you can buy. They will last a lot longer.

If you want to avoid all that, you can go with a slipper spring set up.