PDA

View Full Version : landscape lighting

jslawnscape
06-01-2010, 11:26 PM
has anyone use landscapelightingworld.com? I have found them thru google, and their prices seem to be good. Is volt a good company? quality products? any ideas for quality stuff for a good (not cheap) price.

Thanks
John

Tim R.
06-02-2010, 08:19 AM
You won't be dissapointed with the quality of the equipment or the customer service there. Allen has done a great job.

David Gretzmier
06-03-2010, 12:05 PM
hmm. I posted here and now it is gone. I am no way compensated or financially affiliated with Landscape lighting world. They are a sponsor here and Alan is great to work with and very knowledgeable. I use the Volt products that landscape lighting world sells because they work well and are built sturdy. I have never had a failure or repair with any of thier fixtures or trans I have installed over the last year, but to be fair, it is in the dozens of quantity and not hundreds. I did have one shipping glass breakage by a punctured package, and Alan immediately sent me a replacement lens at no charge for shipping or parts.

The path they sell is probably the best out there at hiding the source and directing all the light downward, bulb is glassed and silicone sealed, and hat is supported by metal, not the glass. The stem is crazy strong. I have installed them in the front of homes where the home is elevated around 10-15 feet from the road, and even from a "downhill" position, you cannot see the bulb. The downside of that is a limited lit circle of light with a fairly sharp cutoff. From the stem, on my tape measure with the stake fully buried on the brass 7 inch conehead model, the light goes to 6 feet and then pretty much is gone at 7 feet. I have used my own extensions for driveways and 35 watt bulbs to stretch this lit circle, and it works well out to 9-10 feet from the stem and you still cannot see the bulb. They sell several extension options that just screw together.

Probably the only negative is that clients can find out what you paid for fixtures by doing a quick google search. I'd rather they did not publish contractor pricing.

While other sites sell volt products, I am pretty sure Alan owns it and develops the products. There is another thread here somewhere where he basically took out imput and incorporated many features we asked for.

Alan B
06-07-2010, 02:28 PM
Thanks guys! I appreciate the support.:)

Sincerely,

Alan