PDA

View Full Version : trimstars

bigorange03
06-02-2010, 12:39 AM
I am considering purchasing a trimstar.How do some of you guys that have them like them?How easy are they to operate since i have never worked a walk behind before?What size deck would you suggest?Most of the yards i have are small to medium in size.I have a z4 60" but in some yards it is hard to get arround.So that is why i am considering a trimstar.Also on my z4 i have some problems when turning it tears up the grass sometimes.any suggestions on how to solve this problem.

mowerconsultant
06-02-2010, 09:22 AM
Are there any gate restrictions? if so a 36" may be a good choice for you.
If not... then go with a 48 since you already have a 60" Z4.
You will not find a easier walk behind to learn how to drive and operate, its super easy and it wont hurt your hands like most walk behinds.
As to tearing up turf, you may have to do 3 point turns instead of a true zero turn, this will depend on turf conditions.

Pj

maelawncare
06-02-2010, 07:22 PM
What pj said is correct.

Search this forum for my pics on my 54" trimstar. Suburb machine. You wont find a better all around walk behind. Wide tires, good for traction and not tearing turf. But also good mowing yards after it has rained, it will mow when most ztrs will leave ruts. Idiot proof drive system, have you ever drove a bike or a motorcycle? Same thing almost. Being able to change the deck height at will, extremely useful when remowing heaving grass clippings. Transmissions that just simply work right. They are awesome, way better than hydro pumps and wheel motors.

I only have 2 complaints, no 60" option and for some reason its starting to have really bad cut quality. just like if you mow with the throttle on half, it cuts, but it leaves some half cut grass still sticking up. Still racking my brains what it could be.

cbkc
06-03-2010, 01:07 AM
3 point turns are critical. Pretend you are in a car turning around on a tight road...practice practice practice

mowerconsultant
06-03-2010, 09:48 AM
I only have 2 complaints, no 60" option and for some reason its starting to have really bad cut quality. just like if you mow with the throttle on half, it cuts, but it leaves some half cut grass still sticking up. Still racking my brains what it could be.

For the first complaint, nothing I can help you with there, we just dont have enough demand to build a 60" TrimStar at this time.
2nd complaint... have you checked your deck belt tension? engine RPM's? deck level and pitch? and last but certainly not least, your blades? straight? tips line up with each other? and not worn on the ends?
All or any of this could cause what your seeing.

Pj

browng
06-03-2010, 02:33 PM
I have the Trimstar 54" ES and absolutely love it. This machine is very easy to control, has a great cut and sticks to hills. I don't think you will find a better walk behind. :clapping:

maelawncare
06-06-2010, 10:40 AM
For the first complaint, nothing I can help you with there, we just dont have enough demand to build a 60" TrimStar at this time.
2nd complaint... have you checked your deck belt tension? engine RPM's? deck level and pitch? and last but certainly not least, your blades? straight? tips line up with each other? and not worn on the ends?
All or any of this could cause what your seeing.

Pj

Come to find out it was the deck pitch. This is the first deck i have ever heard that has to be level in the front and back. All decks i have heard of have a .25" of a pitch to the front and back.