PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Pass Out door Hangers While Mowing?

JMiller08
06-02-2010, 12:45 PM
Ive heard of people passing out door hangers to so many houses around a current client. How does this work? So people say do the five to the right five to the left and ten across the street to make twenty total. What has been your experiance with doing this? I would deffinatly like to get a couple homes at one stop that would be great. Any other ideas?

Tinkerer
06-02-2010, 02:59 PM
A friend of mine just got a Hustler ZTR with a 44" deck. It has a 20hp Honda. Model 926527. He mows around a lot of things. The frame looks large enough to accept a much larger deck. Anyone know what larger sizes of decks fit this model? By chance if someone wants to do a swap and lives in the midwest let me know.

Tinkerer
06-02-2010, 03:12 PM
Please disregard my previous post as I was trying to start a new thread.
In 96 or 97 I went doorhanging in a very nice neighborhood. Most people who answered the door said I'm sorry I have a John Deere. One guy called back and wanted mowing while he was gone on trips. While mowing his lawn a neighbor came out and asked if I could mow his lawn full time. In early 2000s I picked up another neighbor full time. Plus I mowed other neighbors lawns while they were on vacations. And I had no number or signs on my truck. All of these lawns were 1-2 acres. You won't know if you don't try.

JMiller08
06-03-2010, 09:57 AM
Nobody else? This morning i landed an account that i will start to mow next week so i think i will experiment with it soon.

tmetz
06-03-2010, 10:25 AM
Here is my door hangers that I put out everywhere. I may have gotten 1 - 2 calls on about 100 that I gave out. I'd rather put the price at the bottom rather than having them call then having to make another trip for an estimate, its just easier to see the price and if they would like my services for my set price. When I walk up to the lawn I do a quick look around and do a rough price, I undestand its not a detailed estimate but it gets my name out there.

http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs298.snc3/28545_1287484588441_1269974701_30636781_1214736_n.jpg

JMiller08
06-03-2010, 12:48 PM
Those look good Metzger. Mind asking where you got them from and how much you paid?

tmetz
06-03-2010, 01:09 PM
Those look good Metzger. Mind asking where you got them from and how much you paid?

Ask as many questions as you'd like!
I got them made at my local printing shop, Cecil's printing or something like that it cost 75$ for 250 door hangers. Any pastel color paper so I chose green and just one color ink and black always looks good. I had to pay a 20$ set up fee so next time I need some made I just pay 50$ it's a good deal and I think they look great. Good luck with them they have worked... I guess lol.
Posted via Mobile Device

JMiller08
06-03-2010, 01:42 PM
Thanks man. i think im going to order some from adeas printing they have some great offers and looks to be fantastic print work.

topsites
06-03-2010, 01:45 PM
Golly in this heat I'm lucky I don't flat pass out, never mind the hangers lol
but I don't think it's a bad idea.

STL Cuts
06-03-2010, 04:20 PM
I think I'll give this a try tomorrow.

ColdBuzz
06-03-2010, 10:07 PM
I hang them every where I go. If we have time during the day between jobs we will hit a few streets or driving from one job to another we will pass them out. Only if we have time tho. I think they work great and have gotten me many jobs into new areas. But as posted earlier you have to get a lot out.

HighGrass
06-05-2010, 08:02 PM
I usually keep 10 or 20 in the truck. If you drive by a house that looks like it's over due for mowing, stop-knock and then leave one if no one answers. Also, if you drive by a house that has a for-sale sign on it and no one living there, leave one.

brodo374
06-05-2010, 08:30 PM
In looking at your hanger I would definately take out that "one time mowing offer". While there is a slight possibly that may lead to 1 or 2 clients, I believe it will bring mostly calls from those folks who like to call you when their grass is 3 feet high and never wanting to pay a landscaper regularly. In other word these people are cheap and want you to work extremely hard for little cash. Sure you can charge them more money to make up the difference but most of us are looking for good people who want some type of scheduled service.

rjh4758
06-05-2010, 10:06 PM
I hung a bunch of door hangers this spring trying to drum up some business and have a ton still sitting in the truck. The heat is on here, we has been flirting with triple digits and it won't be long before were are in them. Fly by nighters will stop showing up or start cutting corners and homeowners are gonna stop wanting to do their own so I am going to try and pick some up in the same neighborhoods I am in already.

MarkintheGarden
06-05-2010, 10:21 PM
I have always hung flyers at houses next door to where I am already mowing!
I have developed several stops where I mow two, three, and four lawns at one stop.
This is the best easiest way to increase your productivity.

There are times, like right now when I do not particularly want more lawns to mow, but I am always happy to get a new customer at a current stop.

clean_cut
06-05-2010, 11:18 PM
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=319445

Sounds like a pretty good idea, I found this and it looks like a really cool and unique way to market to neighbors, what do you guys think?