PDA

View Full Version : What ZTR do I need?

KRC
06-02-2010, 03:05 PM
My yard is 3 acres of mostly bermuda. I am now going to start mowing my parents yard that is 5 acres of bermuda & bahaia. I currently have a Husq iz4819, 48" 19hp Kawi. This mower works really well in thick well watered bermuda where I have an arobic system, but in dry thin tall stalk grass it will leave a loy of stringers. I am looking for a good quality 60" ztr. avalible in my area is Husqvarna, Ferris, Kubota, Exmark, Hustler, John Deere, & Scag. My biggest cocern is TIME. I want a mower that will leave a clean cut at the fastest speed. Thank You for the help.

KRC
06-04-2010, 04:25 PM
Bump, any ideas? I'm just wanting opinons on what ztr puts down the best cut in bermuda at the fastest speed. thank you much

JohnBanks
06-05-2010, 12:36 AM
Hustler is the choice.

retrodog
06-05-2010, 01:09 AM
demo demo demo, that will help you out. But I have learned over the years that a deck pitched right with the right set of blades set up for your yard will cut the grass perfect on any brand of mower or mower deck.... In my area so far the best mower and fastest I have mowed in lush bermuda is a 35hp cat diesel 72" with dixie x-blades and the deck pitched perfectly flat (weird, on most other mowers, always cuts better with a pitched deck). My mower was clocked at 18mph, and it cuts every blade of grass that fast (on smooth manicured yards anyways).