PDA

View Full Version : Spring Cleaning?

dstalli
06-02-2010, 03:44 PM
I am sorry if this is a thread that has already been started. I see a lot of people post on this site that they are doing a "spring clean" job. What exactly does that consist of? I may be doing it already at the start up of the season, and not advertising it in my handouts/mailouts. This is my 9th season, and I like having an edge on the competition!

topsites
06-02-2010, 06:11 PM
Spring's over in my book :p

chuckhopkins76
06-02-2010, 06:14 PM
Mine consists of: shrub trimming, tree trimming, pre-merge planting beds and mulch.

Planting at extra cost.

TJLANDS
06-02-2010, 06:16 PM
In alabama you probably mow 12 months so you wouldn't have the same type of Spring clean-ups we have up north.
Spring Clean-up is big in the northeast. It could just be a basic first mow and clean up of winter debris and leaves, or it could be power raking, cleaning up landscape beds, re-edging beds, mulching, pruning, flowers, aerating, thatching fertilizing trees and shrubs, pre-emergent weed control in beds, and more.
Spring clean-ups in Nj can range from $150 to $5000 for a home and much higher for some condo complexes we do, some have over 200 yards of mulch
Its June and we still have a long list of people and businesses to mulch etc.
When we are finished with spring work I feel like I need a vacation.

dstalli
06-03-2010, 10:36 AM
Thanks TJ and others, True, I cut sometimes up until Thanksgiving. Most of the time spring is the time for pre-merge and Fert and cleaning beds then adding new mulch. On my year round customers, they get mulch one time and their shrubs trimmed and pre-merge. Additional services are priced per job. I appreciate the input, hope you guys have a great year!