PDA

View Full Version : Advice/Recommendation

TUBA
06-02-2010, 05:21 PM
Hi everybody,
I've been snooping around this site for a few weeks now because I just bought a house and need a mower. I've found a lot of good info and opinions, so thanks to everyone. I have just over 4/5 of an acre and it's pretty much flat - nothing but a house and a driveway. I'm looking for something bigger than a 21-22" mower that would take half a day to mow with, but I can't really justify spending $3K or more for a mower when I can hire someone to cut it for $35.

I've been reading a lot of threads and doing research, and I think I have narrowed it down to either a Gravely 34 WAW, a Cub Cadet 760 33", or the Craftsman 33" (I forget the model #, but it's the same MTD-made mower as the CC). Basically I'm looking to spend $1000-1500 for something I'm going to mulch with once every 7-10 days. My yard isn't big enough and I'm too young for a riding mower.

Any opinions on these two mowers and/or is there anything else I should consider in this price range? Thanks.

biggziff
06-02-2010, 06:44 PM
I have a friend that has that CC. He's had it 3 years now, mows about 2 acres with it and likes it.