PDA

View Full Version : 25hp kaw. Will not turn over

JABBERS
06-02-2010, 06:33 PM
I have a super Z with a 25hp kaw on it. When i try to start the motor it will not turn on, the red light comes on the hydro fan turns on but nothing. Before today this would happen and i would jiggle the pto switch and it would turn over so i replaced that and the mower will not turn over sometimes still so i know its not the pto switch. This afternoon i tried and tried but it would not turn over after it ran just a half hour before. Does anyone have any ideas? I'm thinking key switch.

mowerconsultant
06-03-2010, 10:31 AM
I am assuming this is a 2004 Super Z? if so I would check out the voltage at the starter with the key in the start position, go backwards from there testing voltage at the solenoid, both sides and the small post also.
Let me know what you have for readings.

Pj

okievarmint
06-08-2010, 03:17 PM
I'm thinking key switch.

I'm thinking relay.

cbkc
06-09-2010, 02:36 AM
Mine (2003 Super Z) completely died while mowing and it was the PTO clutch, easy installation but expensive part ($279).

JABBERS
06-30-2010, 12:32 PM
i had to replace the solenoid i only had voltage on the one side runs good now thanks everyone

Ruben Rocha
06-30-2010, 06:34 PM
Okay I have a similar problem even after replacing the starter and solenoid.
I have found that I can grab the Bendix on the starter spin it slightly and it will start again.
When it happens to much, time to lube the starter.

Ex-Tech
07-05-2010, 08:45 PM
Rueben, I had the exact thing with my Briggs 20hp tractor years ago.

JABBERS
09-05-2010, 12:37 PM
I have replaced solenoid, pto switch and key switch and its acting up again.
I found that the key switch again needs replaced and the socket on the wiring harness needs replaced. Do they sell this separately or do i have to buy the whole harness?

mowerconsultant
09-07-2010, 06:09 PM
I have replaced solenoid, pto switch and key switch and its acting up again.
I found that the key switch again needs replaced and the socket on the wiring harness needs replaced. Do they sell this separately or do i have to buy the whole harness?

You can buy the "socket" from any mower dealer, they are universal and you can put your wires into it.
Take a look at your parts manual for the wiring diagram to make sure your getting the wires in the right place.

Pj

rvsmith7
05-01-2013, 12:53 PM
having problems with hustler super Z , engine will not turn over. Tried several things,but nothing. This started last year,with weak battery and needed to jump when I started it also had to flick key sevral times to get it to turn over. this year replaced battery,have 12.6v at starter (main cable post) same as battery check ignition switch seems to have power there, however I did notice that plu looked like it has gotten warm. cleaned all up but still the only thing I hear(feel) is relay near ignition clicking, 2 of themI believe,thats it. please any help would be great

hustlermidwest
05-01-2013, 01:11 PM
If you have juice at the starter and nothing turns that's where I would start. My old Astro van would have starter issues so I would crawl under and smack the starter with a hammer, sure enough it would start. The issue was I had a dead spot on the armature. Took it apart, cleaned it, and got many more starts hammer free. If you can I would spin the bendix like the above thread and see if the starter spins when you turn the key. If so you have a dead spot. If not you may have a dead starter.

Brian O