PDA

View Full Version : Scag Turf Tiger Cutting Out

mocman25
06-02-2010, 07:55 PM
Cutting my yard today and about half way from finished. I noticed a horrible shake and used my choke to level out. It seems as it is not getting enough gas. It has gas and fuel pump in not to old and new silenoid. Any way to get a carb kit for my kawi df661d? If not any other suggest?

Mike Blevins
06-02-2010, 09:10 PM
I would also check the fuel filter and spark plugs.

mocman25
06-02-2010, 09:14 PM
new plugs....will try filters tomorrow.....thanks

Capitollawncare
06-11-2011, 08:58 AM
I am having the exact same problem. I haven't checked to see what it is drawing for amps, but it is sorta spitting fuel out the pump instead of a stream. If I shut the machine off and turn key to on without starting it, the pump turns on and fills the bowl of the carb, allowing it to run at full throttle for 3-5 minutes. Then is slowly dies.

Did you figure out what it was?

ALC-GregH
06-11-2011, 09:05 AM
I am having the exact same problem. I haven't checked to see what it is drawing for amps, but it is sorta spitting fuel out the pump instead of a stream. If I shut the machine off and turn key to on without starting it, the pump turns on and fills the bowl of the carb, allowing it to run at full throttle for 3-5 minutes. Then is slowly dies.

Did you figure out what it was?

Sounds like the filter is blocked up some. What I'm not understanding is, how can the pump prime the carb when the pump is vacuum operated? Is the engine a DFI/EFI? If so, it doesn't have a carb.

Capitollawncare
06-11-2011, 12:18 PM
Its a 12v pump that is on all the time the key is on. It is located above the hieght of the top of the fuel tank, which doesn't make much sense, but it worked fin for 12 years.
Fuel filter is brand new and flows fine.
Fuel pump turns on fine, just doesn't push enough fuel to keep mower going.
Does anyone know how much pressure it is suppose to put out and how many amps it should draw.
Posted via Mobile Device

ALC-GregH
06-11-2011, 02:05 PM
I'd suspect the pump. Hook a fuel pressure gauge up and see what it has. It's shouldn't be more then 7-10psi. If it's less, replace it. It doesn't take much to keep the carb full.