PDA

View Full Version : Ever see or build a dump truck like this?

06-02-2010, 09:22 PM
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e281/livelifedaily/B820B_High_Dump.jpg

I want to be able to dump from a truck directly into a dumpster, and unfortunately all dump inserts or regular dump trucks all dump to low to get it into the dumpster.

In searching google I found the above pic, and i think it would work great for me. I'm thinking of building a custom one like pictured for a truck. Does anyone have any experience with this design that can list pros and cons?

The biggest con I see about it is that it would have a limited lift weight capacity. I'll always have loads under 1000 lbs in it, so that should be ok.

93Chevy
06-02-2010, 10:01 PM
Those tires look awfully small to be on a street truck, or would you just have it at the yard?

It would be a neat conversation point, and probably fun to drive around.

Glenn Lawn Care
06-02-2010, 10:02 PM
what is that a cushman? nice

06-02-2010, 10:11 PM
oh sorry, no I dont want the truck like that lol. I just want a Dump Box like that on a Normal Truck. Rereading my first post i see it had it worded all wrong. (had it right in my head, just didnt get it all out lol)

I just want to build a dump box on a regular truck that dumps like that one does, instead of a normal scissor hoist. Notice how the pivot point is up high, instead of at frame height. I could build a dump box styled after that one, that would clear a dumpster.

So what I meant to ask was pros and cons on that style of dump box, not on that truck that its on.

Oxmow
06-03-2010, 07:28 AM
We have small trucks like toyotas and ford rangers like that here in Tulsa. Trash haulers use them so they can dump into the lower 20 yard dumpsters. Looks neat, but not much weight capacity.

06-03-2010, 08:42 PM
We have small trucks like toyotas and ford rangers like that here in Tulsa. Trash haulers use them so they can dump into the lower 20 yard dumpsters. Looks neat, but not much weight capacity.

Do u know a brand name for the company making those bodys for rangers? i'm not finding much info on them. i found Pak-mor makes one, but pretty spendy.
Posted via Mobile Device

topsites
06-03-2010, 08:48 PM
Perhaps a bucket loader would be easier, one of
the cons I can see is that dump bed is awful high up,
how do you get the stuff IN the bed?

They really should paint those evi's pink.

Lbilawncare
06-03-2010, 10:20 PM
isn't there a manufacturer called switch-n-go ?

Oxmow
06-04-2010, 01:07 AM
Not sure of who makes them, just assumed the trash haulers did?!?

C & T Landscaping
06-04-2010, 07:16 AM
Why don't you dig a gradual pit that that the dumpster sits in? Deep enough for the back of the gate to clear the side of the dumpster. And in the front have it a gradual incline/decline for the rollback to come and get it.

ZTR_Diesel
06-04-2010, 03:02 PM
That truck is a plant truck, similar to a cushman but more heavy-duty. Actually can carry a little more weight than you would think - but only at 15mph and designed for use on miles of smooth, indoor concrete floors. The model shown is probably used for collecting scrap steel filings in a milling area of a machine shop.

I used to work for Univeristy of Illinois ground crew while doing my undergraduate work there. They had S-10's and Rangers with aluminum Rugby bodies on them. Not sure if it would clear a dumpster. But our Olathe leaf pick-up machine would lift it's body right over the Rugby body of a Ranger. Neat little set-up, overall.

rcpeoples
06-05-2010, 09:07 AM
I use to work for a company that cleaned out storm basins in New York City. We had 3yd mason dump bodies on our trucks and we had to dump material in 20yd containers. Company built ramps about 20-24" tall so we could clear edge of containers. Ours were made out of steel but i'm sure you could make them out of wood.

forestfireguy
06-08-2010, 01:28 PM
Even better than the pit, take a few mafia blocks and build a ramp 1 high and wide enough to be safe. Should get you high enough for a 30 yard container. And you won't have to worry about having a pond instead of a pit in rain, and having your container sitting in the pit/pond being too heavy for them haul away and a festering smelly mess...Also you then have the ability to load a big truck salter with only a skidsteer down the road if you grow to the need.

06-09-2010, 02:18 PM
I can't build or dig near these dumpsters. They are not on my property, and I'm just lucky they let me keep them there for my convience (while I service their property), instead of having to take everything to the dump everyday.

rcpeoples
06-09-2010, 02:58 PM
That's why I said build ramps out of wood. Drag them to dumpster when you need them, then out of the way when you don't
Posted via Mobile Device

olde_blue
06-21-2010, 09:09 AM
An idea which might be easier to load (and not look so strange):

http://www.tescohilift.com/images/stock/stock_dump%20side%20liftup.jpg http://www.tescohilift.com/images/stock/stock_dump%20front%20liftup.jpg

You can buy such a dump body (2 ton /10' minimum cap) from http://www.tescohilift.com/scissor%20dump.html. You could dump into any dumpster with one of these.