PDA

View Full Version : Vacation- What to do?

gdguth
06-02-2010, 10:27 PM
Well, my wife thought we just had to have this vacation planned for the middle of June. Problem is, I am solo and have been super busy with all the rain. Anyways, I have a buddy that is going to cover for me while I am gone. He owns his own lawncare business as well so i am glad that he can help. I know this is probably a stupid questions, but do you think that I should tell my customers that I am going to be gone and he is going to cover for me or should I just not worry about it. I just know that the customers are use to only seeing me on the job. What do you think tell the customers or not?

Hell on Blades
06-02-2010, 10:29 PM
Tell them. They'll appreciate the heads up.

Turf Dawg
06-02-2010, 10:30 PM
You bet I would tell them. That way it will stop all of the calls you would probably be getting afterwards and they will know what is going on.

coxslawncare
06-02-2010, 10:35 PM
tell them so you can enjoy your vacation

Herrick
06-02-2010, 10:39 PM
Absolutely tell them!! I've done something similar before. Made sure I called to clarify... too many questions and misunderstandings can result from you not calling.

ShooterK2
06-02-2010, 11:07 PM
If you have any kind of relationship with your customers, then you need to tell them. I'm on a first-name basis with all my customers, and when they hear the equipment running, they expect to see me working. I know they'd appreciate the heads-up if someone else is going to be in their yard.

Glenn Lawn Care
06-02-2010, 11:38 PM
i would tell them, hopefully they dont like his work more than yours!

topsites
06-03-2010, 12:31 AM
If you don't tell them you will lose some customers, they'll think you went away
or something happened, so yeah...

AdamChrap
06-03-2010, 01:38 AM
Best solution is don't go on vacation between April 1st and October 31st for anything more than a long weekend! I leave Saturday morning for my first week long vacation during the mowing season in 14 years! I have had employee's for a long time but never felt good about leaving for a full week during mowing season. I now have the right people in place and I am fully confident in them (it still will not be easy on my anxiety).

If you insist on going I say absolutely tell them but some good points have been made. Hopefully they don't like his work better and hopefully he wont try to steal your customers away.