PDA

View Full Version : Silver Streak vs. Gator Blade

JohnBanks
06-03-2010, 12:55 AM
I like the High Lift Silver streak blade. Do you guys think the Gator Blade is better, I bet they handle about the same?

Thanks

ncknaklawns
03-01-2011, 06:15 PM
Are you still using this blade?

pugs
03-01-2011, 10:15 PM
Silver Streak = Oregon = Gator. You are comparing the people that make one blade to the same people that make another blade.

rwaters
03-01-2011, 10:23 PM
Silver Streak = Oregon = Gator. You are comparing the people that make one blade to the same people that make another blade.

Stens uses the silverstreak name now, Oregon forgot to keep the trademark. I personally think the Oregon blade is better then the stens, you will also find oem companys use Oregon for the most part on commercial machines as they do not cost any more then stens and are higher quality.

ncknaklawns
03-02-2011, 01:03 AM
I noticed some have a sharp tooth near the edge and some have more of a lifter ~1" at edge. Is the later the high lift variety?

rwaters
03-02-2011, 10:35 AM
I noticed some have a sharp tooth near the edge and some have more of a lifter ~1" at edge. Is the later the high lift variety?

Gator blades are a total different animal then hi lift. Also the design of all of the gator syle blades has a sharp edge that comes in contact with the grass just the stens version sharpens the end to make you think it is better. What mower and deck size do you have and I will give you exact examples of what you can get.

MOHUSTLER
03-02-2011, 08:02 PM
Gators in leaves and back to high lifts in grass. No blade does the best at both.

Its like mud tires vs road tires. They will each do good at what they are designed for.

And for stens vs oregon id go oregon. We have went 100% oregon even though the stens were a tad cheaper. The oregons have gotten better feed back from cutters using them.

Snyder's Lawn Inc
03-02-2011, 08:47 PM
my self the mulching blades don t cut very well thats my 2 cents now when grass don t grow and you have leaves mulch up then maybe do ok
I think you lose alot of lift

THIESSENS TLC
03-02-2011, 08:56 PM
I have a gator blade on my lawnmower and it works awesome....mulches everything and leaves a nice cut too! gator blades are great for mulching, just make sure you know how to sharpen it and it will leave a great cut!