PDA

View Full Version : Best place to buy Shindiawas on-line?

BAMARED
07-16-2002, 10:38 AM
I'm looking for a T 230, specifically.

Thanks,

BAMARED

Turf Ranger
07-16-2002, 11:11 AM
www.alamia.com - this might help

BAMARED
07-16-2002, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by Turf Ranger
www.alamia.com - this might help

Maybe I just don't know how to navigate alamia's site, but I can't find any Shindiawa grass trimmers. Any ideas at what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,

BAMARED

columbiaplower
07-16-2002, 11:48 AM
i dont think alamia.com has Shindiawa INFACT IM ALMOST SURE THEY DON'T
-Nick
sorry about the caps

rkbrown
07-16-2002, 11:54 AM
I can't get any Shin stuff to come up on alamia either. Try:

http://www.growerequipment.com

It is under the turf maintenance link (generates PDF file). Scroll down to string trimmers. The T-230 is $274.

I believe you must call or email to order and I have no idea about shipping with them.

ACER
07-16-2002, 12:08 PM
http://www.russopower.com Check out monthly specials page 9,$225.00

bob
07-16-2002, 06:06 PM
I remember reading some where that Shindaiwa doesn't want internet sales, because it takes business away from the lawn dealers.

roscioli
07-16-2002, 06:08 PM
is it just my comptuer or does that russopower link not work? It keeps freezing up the window its in.. Odd.

Bob Minney
07-16-2002, 06:23 PM
Alamia carries Shin but not for on line sales. you can buy them over the counter

Cutter1
07-16-2002, 10:38 PM
Shindaiwa banned sales on Alamia....do to the price you could get them for. It wasn't fair to dealers. Personally I think dealers make enough off of us, why not save a buck buying online!!!

gorrell
07-16-2002, 11:33 PM
Bamared, I've been buying Kawasaki KBL23A's on line for $195/each. These trimmers kick the T-230's A**, and I'm not saying that to slam Shindaiwa trimmers because I've got probably a half dozen of them. The Kawasaki has more power(1.3 hp) and weighs less (10.3#) than the Shindaiwa. Email me and I can give you the address where I've got mine. I guarantee you will not be disappointed........Lynn

Keith
07-17-2002, 04:21 AM
A little search would turn up my opinions on mail order vs. local dealers. Some of you manage to get great deals or at least fair deals at your local shops. That's great, I wish we had that. Two years ago we bought 8 pieces of Shindaiwa equipment in about 8 months. Some mail order some local. When we did buy local, it was a fairly good deal. When Shindaiwa banned Alamia from selling it was almost like every dealer locally took a huge price hike. I couldn't touch a T-230 for less than $300, a 260 edger for less than $400 or a EB630 blower for less than $530. I quit buying the stuff as much as I like it.

I emailed Shindaiwa about the time the Alamia thing went down and I basically recieved a couple return emails from a couple "marketing" geniuses that just didn't see my point. I blame alot of what happened around here on the distributor, Robert's Supply. It got to the point that when I would call a dealer trying to get a price, the answer was always "we don't stock it anymore, nobody asks for it. We have Tanaka, Echo or Stihl. If your really won't the Shindaiwa we can order it, but we need a deposit." Some of these were 50+ miles away. It just looks like the distributor let the market go to the competition and Shindaiwa had to have seen that happening. So I blame them too.

One thing though, I did get a flyer from Robert's Supply advertising a Shindaiwa sale a couple weeks back. I took it to a local dealer who had no clue about it, but said he would certainly honor it. Most of the stuff on there was no huge savings, except the EB630 blower. $429 :cool: So I got him to order one and picked it up today. My first piece of new Shindaiwa equipment in two years. I still think the option should be there for mail order. If it had been, Shindaiwa would have likely sold 5 or more pieces to me over that period where I strayed to other brands.

weve
07-17-2002, 10:24 PM
Pitt Auto Electric Company sells Shindaiwa. It looks like they sell online. Their website is:

http://www.pittauto.com/default.asp

Larry

gusbuster
07-17-2002, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by bob
I remember reading some where that Shindaiwa doesn't want internet sales, because it takes business away from the lawn dealers.
Bob,
Your correct in your statement about Shindaiwa doesn't want or like internet sales. Local dealers can not compete at that level.

You read it here sometime last year and can also confirm what you say. My own local dealer had told me the same thing.

The company doesn't mind dealer to dealer compitition but as an example, my dealer couldn't beat alamia price. Honda's can only be sold on alimia to colorado mailing addreses. Even with the shipping cost, I still could get a 216 doe $150 less than what my dealer sells them for.

Oh well.
John