PDA

View Full Version : Concrete Sand in Small Quantities?

Flapjack
06-04-2010, 11:50 AM
I'm doing my walkway and figure I only need about 6 or 7 cu. ft. of bedding sand. Can you purchase concrete sand in bags, or only in bulk? In the Rochester, NY area I found a couple of places that sell concrete sand, but only in bulk.

Thanks,
Mark

DVS Hardscaper
06-04-2010, 04:59 PM
depends on who you buy it from.

call the supplier and ax them if they sell concrete sand in bags.

LarryF
06-06-2010, 08:18 AM
I'm doing my walkway and figure I only need about 6 or 7 cu. ft. of bedding sand. Can you purchase concrete sand in bags, or only in bulk? In the Rochester, NY area I found a couple of places that sell concrete sand, but only in bulk.

Thanks,
Mark

Why don't you just buy 6 or 7 bags of what Home Depot or Lowes sells for a child's sand box?

shovelracer
06-06-2010, 08:44 AM
That is bad advice on the play sand. A few people will bag their sand for you but at a cost much greater than bulk. We have no problem getting small quantities of material. However our suppliers know us and might feel different about someone wanting to shovel their own 500 lbs of sand into the trunk of their Camry.

DVS Hardscaper
06-06-2010, 10:42 AM
If you'd like flapjack, for $3.00 / phone call I can call your local suppluers for you and ask if they sell bagged sand. For an additional $1.00 / call, I can obtain pricing.

www.contractorbutler.com

LarryF
06-06-2010, 11:48 AM
That is bad advice on the play sand. A few people will bag their sand for you but at a cost much greater than bulk. We have no problem getting small quantities of material. However our suppliers know us and might feel different about someone wanting to shovel their own 500 lbs of sand into the trunk of their Camry.

Bad advice??? Why? That which I have seen seems to be fairly coarse and it will only be used as fill.

Flapjack
06-06-2010, 01:33 PM
When I said that I found a couple of places that sells it, but only in bulk, what I meant was that I did call around to suppliers and the ones I did call would not sell it in bags. However, after more local searching and asking around I finally found exactly what I was looking for. It will only cost you $5.00 to find out what and where ;)

shovelracer
06-06-2010, 09:44 PM
Bad advice??? Why? That which I have seen seems to be fairly coarse and it will only be used as fill.

"play sand" that is available around here is too fine and holds a lot of moisture. Perhaps a regional thing.

LarryF
06-08-2010, 08:20 AM
"play sand" that is available around here is too fine and holds a lot of moisture. Perhaps a regional thing.

Perhaps it is. I doubt if it would make any difference for what Flapjack is intends to use it for.

sven1277
06-08-2010, 07:36 PM
I sometimes see homeowners filing up 5gal buckets with material and getting weighed out on the scale