PDA

View Full Version : Landscape Lighting Kit for Retaining Walls

steveparrott
06-04-2010, 12:09 PM
Hardscape Pros,

I usually post in the landscape lighting forum, but I wanted to cross over here to let you guys know about a new lighting kit designed specifically for hardscape professionals.

The kit includes (5) solid bronze CAST Engineered Wall Lights (CEWL5CB), a 150W transformer, 100 ft. marine-grade wire, and a Spider Splice Junction Box - everything you need to do a fast and simple illumination of a retaining or free-standing wall. You can also add up to (5) more lights using the same transformer.

Adding lighting to a retaining wall project is an upsell that makes sense to the homeowner. And, since the fixtures carry a lifetime warranty, you can make the accurate claim that the lighting will last as long as the wall itself.

To learn more about the kit, please go to the CAST Lighting website (http://www.cast-lighting.com/products/lighting-kits/landscape-lighting-kits/190/).

kootoomootoo
06-04-2010, 07:59 PM
How much is it.....drumroll

steveparrott
06-07-2010, 10:19 AM
You can get prices from any authorized CAST Distributor (http://www.cast-lighting.com/distributor-designer-locator/).

Keep in mind that when a homeowner puts out tens of thousands for the retaining wall, an extra grand or so for professional lighting is a no-brainer.

kootoomootoo
06-07-2010, 07:42 PM
You can get prices from any authorized CAST Distributor (http://www.cast-lighting.com/distributor-designer-locator/).

Keep in mind that when a homeowner puts out tens of thousands for the retaining wall, an extra grand or so for professional lighting is a no-brainer.

yep homeowners are wiping their arsses with hundred dollar bills .....whats an extra grand on 4 lights.

steveparrott
06-08-2010, 09:17 AM
yep homeowners are wiping their arsses with hundred dollar bills .....whats an extra grand on 4 lights.

First, there's 5 lights in the kit.

Second, there's a big difference between satisfying a homeowner's need for personal hygiene and satisfying their need for the safety, security, and beauty that a well designed lighting system provides.

We're not talking toilet paper here, we're talking about professional equipment that highlights your work, provides an exceptional nighttime experience for the homeowner; and that may lead to referrals and more work.

I'd like to hear from other hardscapers, especially those who benefit from selling lighting with their hardscapes. (Please, this is my first foray into your forum, I've got to believe there's some intelligence here!)

S&MLL
06-08-2010, 07:36 PM
Dont waste your time Steve. Some homeowners and Hardscape guys will never see why lights are important. I go on estimates all the time for paver guys..... Never win the job due to price. Then a year later I see a pos little black malibu box dangling from the plug with wire going up the home.

Thats life

amscapes03
06-08-2010, 09:53 PM
If the kit was under $450.00 I might start to consider it. I've used Cast wall lights on the last 4 walls I've built. So far I've never had, or felt the need for a "wall" demo kit. On the other hand, a nice landscape lighting demo kit IS worth the investment. I think it's much harder for folks to envision their landscape lit up opposed to their wall or walls being lit. The drawback with the kit is that it means I'll have to return the next day to collect the kit, and glue down the coping/cap stones losing a half day instead of moving on and starting the next job. Basically, if the customer wants wall lights, or i persuade them to want them, it's a done deal long before the shovel meets the ground and the first stone or block is laid. Just wondering........does this package come with a nice foam lined case with a place for each piece to fit in snug, or do i have to buy a rubber-maid container and let it all slide around and bang into each other?

kootoomootoo
06-08-2010, 10:34 PM
First, there's 5 lights in the kit.

Second, there's a big difference between satisfying a homeowner's need for personal hygiene and satisfying their need for the safety, security, and beauty that a well designed lighting system provides.

We're not talking toilet paper here, we're talking about professional equipment that highlights your work, provides an exceptional nighttime experience for the homeowner; and that may lead to referrals and more work.

I'd like to hear from other hardscapers, especially those who benefit from selling lighting with their hardscapes. (Please, this is my first foray into your forum, I've got to believe there's some intelligence here!)

$1000 for 5 cast lights...

amscapes03
06-09-2010, 12:37 AM
$1000...is way to much. For $1000 to $1200 I could make my own kit with everything he listed, only bump the transformer up to 300W and add 4 or 5 bullet lights. You'd think they'd cut contractors a break, and give us a really good deal. Sell me that kit for $250 Steve, and the only thing I'll promote is Cast.

steveparrott
06-09-2010, 10:00 AM
If the kit was under $450.00 I might start to consider it. I've used Cast wall lights on the last 4 walls I've built. So far I've never had, or felt the need for a "wall" demo kit.

Sorry if there was a miscommunication - it's not a demo kit. It's a complete kit for a permanent installtion.

steveparrott
06-09-2010, 10:03 AM
$1000 for 5 cast lights...

This is not the price for the kit - it's way off. I can't post the price here. Check with your distributor for the real price - you'll see it's priced right for what you get, and to allow you to make a good profit on the job.