PDA

View Full Version : Snapper Pro Cut PICS

MOHUSTLER
06-04-2010, 02:25 PM
I got the camera out today and snaped some pics of the snapper pro's cut. This was cut yesterday at 3 1/2 inches. Single cut, cutting off 3 inches of grass. Discharge schute was left down, it was windy.

piediddy
06-04-2010, 02:36 PM
Looks like it didn't miss a blade of grass. Looks great.

MOHUSTLER
06-04-2010, 02:58 PM
I was verry impressed. The machine has around 5 hours on it and I took the blades and made them razor sharp. I am also a scag dealer and I hear alot of people compare it to the scag deck. Here is some differences I have noticed.

1. They still do not discharge as well as the scag does. I mean its probably second best dont get me wrong.

2. The stripe is still not as good as the scag leaves. The stripe it leaves is compareable to what I can do with a wright stander or the hustlers. But once again Not shabby at all.

3. I know its not apples to apples compareing a ZT5400 to a pump wheel motor setup. But the scag is much less jerky. I guess jerky is not the best word for it. Mabey the scag is more controled over the snapper. Which none compare to the hustler drive/ride. They are second to none!

4. Last, the hillside capability is no where near what the scag is. And again, nothing does as good as the scags/hustlers on the hills.

KRC
06-04-2010, 04:34 PM
not to steal a thread, but hey mohustler how would you compare to cut of the hustler to the scag, especially at high speeds, thanks

MOHUSTLER
06-04-2010, 05:24 PM
I will PM you so this thread doesnt get to off topic.

jhawk60
06-04-2010, 07:21 PM
You missed one!

http://i47.tinypic.com/o7t11i.jpg

Just bustin' your chops :) Cut looks nice.

grassman177
06-04-2010, 07:45 PM
so this is the new icd deck, same as ferris?!?! looks good, but should have left a area of uncut b4 pics, as only your word says it is single cut, and was 3in cut off. not calling you a liar, you get my point. nice looking lawn too

the cut looks very nice, and so does the lawn, i know you are a dealer, but do you also cut grass and do you spray, or who does this for you etc?

MowingMowingMowing
06-04-2010, 08:58 PM
I got the camera out today and snaped some pics of the snapper pro's cut. This was cut yesterday at 3 1/2 inches. Single cut, cutting off 3 inches of grass. Discharge schute was left down, it was windy.

I've been looking for a wb for a while now and had a couple ?s regarding the Snapper Pro.

1) How much does a 48" floating deck Snapper Pro cost (assuming paid in cash, demos are fine too)?

2) What are the biggest pros and cons for a Snapper Pro compared to a large brand like Exmark's Turf Tracer?

Frue
06-04-2010, 09:04 PM
Looks good but why make the blades razor sharp? Had you noticed something before?.
I have tried a lot of mowers and i am intrigued by the scags. I need to get my hands on one.

I am fine with the hillside stability of my snapper.

clean_cut
06-04-2010, 10:45 PM
Awesome cut, that's either really nice for a 1st cut or my mower is just really bad :) Lol.

Again looks really nice.

DA Quality Lawn & YS
06-04-2010, 11:19 PM
Nice cut by that SnapperPro. I would like to see similar pics running through full-out KB seedheads at the beginning of June in the midwest.

93Chevy
06-04-2010, 11:26 PM
I just bought a 48" Snapper Pro sw20 walk behind this year. So far, I'm very pleased.

MOHUSTLER
06-05-2010, 01:19 AM
so this is the new icd deck, same as ferris?!?! looks good, but should have left a area of uncut b4 pics, as only your word says it is single cut, and was 3in cut off. not calling you a liar, you get my point. nice looking lawn too

the cut looks very nice, and so does the lawn, i know you are a dealer, but do you also cut grass and do you spray, or who does this for you etc?

I will try a video next time for the skeptics lol. No grass cutting for me just the shop and my house. Did it for 10 years previous to this though. Not a day passes I don't wish I was out there cutting again though. Spray myself, just to take care of the broad leaves. Will answer more questions when I'm not trying to type on this dumb iPad.
Posted via Mobile Device

mjealey
06-05-2010, 01:31 AM
Mohustler, you are right on the money with your thoughts, as someone with considerable seat time on both, as I have owned both you are right. You will notice a difference if you are mowing in pretty damp conditions. The Snapper will clump a little bit more than the Scag's Velocity Plus. The SDanpper Pro's are hard to get use to as they are very touchy! They have strong hydros on them, and overall they are a very good mower. In our area they are selling very very well. Their WB's are absolutely great for the money. Good luck with Snapper Pro, I think that you will find them very profitable and a lot of people will be purchasing them!!!!