PDA

View Full Version : 2000 48" wright stander

liledgy
06-04-2010, 07:23 PM
i just purchased this mower with a 1 year old 23hp kaw. for $2000.00. icut a few prperties and my tractor puked out so finally bit the bullet. its not perfect but does seem to run well. a few things i need to fix, the rod that connects to the platform to the safety switch (also gone) you stand on is broke, that should keep mower from starting but previous owner jumpered switch out! need to repair ASAP. has a catcher but no guard, do most people take guard or flap off anyway. i GPS'd the speed and it goes 5.4 mph is that the correct speed? i know the new ones go faster. the wheelie wheels are also off, i have them but need the bolts and washers to attatch them if their needed. anything in particuler i should watchout for? thank you for the reply's.

PTP
06-04-2010, 08:02 PM
I don't know about most but a lot of people take the discharge chute off of their mowers. The grass clippings get dispersed better that way (or you could just put it in the up position). However, it is more dangerous because it is easier to throw debris around.

If you want to, you can put those wheelie bars back on but I've never found mine to be much use. If you get the mower tipped back that far, you are probably on a very steep hill and about to roll it. In that case those little wheels won't help one bit. With the wheels off though, you have a handy little spot to hook a chain to so that you can pull out shrubs or stuff like that with your mower.

All in all, it is a good machine.