PDA

View Full Version : Poor response from Hustler

WC46
07-16-2002, 04:25 PM
I recently e-mailed Hustler and requested literature and nearest dealer information for the Hustler Fastrack. They mailed me literature on a Hustler Hillsider and nothing on the Fastrack. They also told me my nearest dealer is in North Mankato, MN. Is this anyplace close to Southern Illinois? I don't think so. After reading all the positive posts about the Fastrack, I was all ready to go make the purchase. I am disappointed in the response I received.

Doc Pete
07-16-2002, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by WC46
I recently e-mailed Hustler and requested literature and nearest dealer information for the Hustler Fastrack. They mailed me literature on a Hustler Hillsider and nothing on the Fastrack. They also told me my nearest dealer is in North Mankato, MN. Is this anyplace close to Southern Illinois? I don't think so. After reading all the positive posts about the Fastrack, I was all ready to go make the purchase. I am disappointed in the response I received.

Post this on the Hustler forum...................You should get results.....

WC46
07-16-2002, 04:47 PM
I did. They wouldn't put it on.

gogetter
07-16-2002, 04:53 PM
You mean they're screening thier posts?! You're kidding?

mowerconsultant
07-16-2002, 05:39 PM
The post was not released do to me.
You just posted it today, and I was traveling all day, to get here to Louisville.
The posts in the mfg forums are all put into a que for a moderator to release.
I check these first thing in the am and in the evening when I can get to a puter.
I checked the post out and decided to handle it off the web site.
The exact person I need to talk to this about will be with me @ dinner tonight, and I WILL get this taken care of.
Please e-mail me some contact info: name, phone #, address.
I will e-mail you back my cell# and we will get this matter resolved.
hustler@twcny.rr.com

Sorry for the confusion

Pj

mowerconsultant
07-16-2002, 05:56 PM
Also,
There is a deasler not to far from you.
Our dealer locator on our website lists a dealer about 15 - 20 miles from Johnston City.
Here is there info:

Agri-Life Products, Inc.
Commercial Line
9757 Pulleys Mill Road
Goreville , IL 62939
Phone: 618-995-2313
Fax: 618-995-9888
E-mail: agrilife@midamer.net

WC46
07-16-2002, 06:14 PM
PJ. Sorry if I came on a little strong. I guess I got frustrated. Thanks for your reply. I will e-mail you the info. Thanks

Doc Pete
07-16-2002, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by WC46
I did. They wouldn't put it on.

For what it's worth, Hustler doesn't have it's act together yet for the consumer market. I've beat my head in trying offer help. They make a great machine, and at the moment are a bit prouder of the machine, than they are of selling it. One of their biggest problems is if every other LCO has an exmark or Scag, AND has a dealer within 15 minutes of them, why bother to switch. However, if Hustler gets their dealer network together, AND gets the dealer to show them how much better Hustlers are, THEN, you may see the market share change.
Look at it this way.... Why would a dealer bother to waste a lot of time convincing the customer the plusses of the Hustler, when he can sit on his butt and have LCO's and Scrubs come in with "green in their hands" and say " Gimmie that Scag or exmark".
Sadly, the bottom line is the consumer "himself" is the problem. Most of them are uneducated as to mower technology, and just continue to buy what the masses do. I know two guy's that still can't speak english yet, BUT have those "Yellow mowers" that everyone else has...........

PETE

KirbysLawn
07-16-2002, 09:19 PM
Sorry Pete but I'll disagree a little. Hustler offers a top of the line website and has a telephone that works. I have seen several people post "I can't find a dealer", if the time was taken to look at the dealer locator they would find that the dealer was close by. A simple phone call would do the trick also.

Doc Pete
07-16-2002, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by KirbysLawn
Sorry Pete but I'll disagree a little. Hustler offers a top of the line website and has a telephone that works. I have seen several people post "I can't find a dealer", if the time was taken to look at the dealer locator they would find that the dealer was close by. A simple phone call would do the trick also.

Yes, I talk to John Austin at least once a week. I agree their phone works. However, they seem to be listening to the wrong people for information. Yes, their Z is keeping them afloat, but their WB, which "without argument" is the best WB made, and which I will glady put my money where my mouth is, needs a few refinements to make it really sellable. And, for some reason they are sitting on their butt, instead of changing it.
Furthermore, as I suggest, it is our own fault that Hustler isn't doing a bit better, because rather than take the time to test new equipement, all we want to know is, Scag, exmark, Bobcat and Wright.
Case in point, 10 ten guy's all have Carpal tunnel problems, and do any of them ask about the Hustler, of which I mention will end their problems.... NO........ I rest my case........
Pete

mowerconsultant
07-16-2002, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by Switchless@aol.com
Yes, their Z is keeping them afloat, but their WB, which "without argument" is the best WB made, and which I will glady put my money where my mouth is, needs a few refinements to make it really sellable. And, for some reason they are sitting on their butt, instead of changing it.
Pete

Keeping them a float ?????
We have been building mowers for almost 40 years !!!!
The Z's came a couple of years ago.

As far as a new wb...............
Talk to me after Friday (the first day of expo) ;)

I am not gonna argue points on anything else..........

mowerconsultant
07-16-2002, 10:00 PM
WC46,
I have found out why you got the wrong dealer.....
You are located in Williamson county......right ?????
Our dealer locator lists by counties
The dealer located nearest you is in Johnson county.
He is not listed for your county, therefore our computer shoots it to the company in charge of setting up dealers in your state.
That is the company you were refered to in Minnesota.
As to why you got Hillsider info, I have not figured that one yet.
E-mail me your info and we will make sure your taken care of.

Later
Pj

Doc Pete
07-16-2002, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by mowerconsultant

Keeping them a float ?????
We have been building mowers for almost 40 years !!!!
The Z's came a couple of years ago.

As far as a new wb...............
Talk to me after Friday (the first day of expo) ;)

I am not gonna argue points on anything else..........

OK....... but if they don't change the tire/rim combo and put on a highend limit, they're still behind the 8 ball. And, I know about the new machine.........it should be great...........