-Ride
-Bagging
-Ease if Operation

Looking to get 1 or the other

People with experience on the units would be nice

THANKS!

lawnprosteveo
06-04-2010, 11:48 PM
Ive never tried the exmark but I do own a 36" grandstand now. Ive been real happy with it. It cuts great, its quick on small lawns, and handles nicely. Not really great on steep hills IMO though.

BleedingGreen
06-05-2010, 12:46 AM
If were talking 2010 models, from what I hear they are exactly the same except for the decks. Toros now use rods (hydro system) instead of cables like the exmarks alway have on the 2010. Being that you're in Ohio, I'd go with exmark, not that the turbo force decks are bad. If you do a lot of wet cutting I'd go with toro.

FuturePilot4u
06-05-2010, 10:32 AM
If were talking 2010 models, from what I hear they are exactly the same except for the decks. Toros now use rods (hydro system) instead of cables like the exmarks alway have on the 2010. Being that you're in Ohio, I'd go with exmark, not that the turbo force decks are bad. If you do a lot of wet cutting I'd go with toro.

which deck have you heard cuts the best?

Bob_n_weave
06-05-2010, 11:42 AM
I think you will be happy with either machine. As with any new mower it takes a little while to get used to how it handles, especially on steep slopes.

Only downside is the weight of machine. When the ground is soft I use my WB
which is much lighter.

BleedingGreen
06-05-2010, 08:50 PM
which deck have you heard cuts the best?

I think you'd be happy with either deck. Like I said, you can cut wet grass better with the turbo force decks if it's set up right. But given the grasses you cut in Ohio, I think you'll like how the exmark deck cuts in normal conditions. Again not that toro won't perform great. You already have a TT right? Does it have a Tri-vantage or one of the ultra-cut series decks?

FuturePilot4u
06-05-2010, 09:04 PM
I think you'd be happy with either deck. Like I said, you can cut wet grass better with the turbo force decks if it's set up right. But given the grasses you cut in Ohio, I think you'll like how the exmark deck cuts in normal conditions. Again not that toro won't perform great. You already have a TT right? Does it have a Tri-vantage or one of the ultra-cut series decks?

it is a tri-vantage. have u ridden a vantage?

BleedingGreen
06-05-2010, 10:12 PM
it is a tri-vantage. have u ridden a vantage?

No, never been on a vantage or a grandstand. Owned and operated other standers, but not these two. Saw both of them in action quite a few times since they are getting more and more popular in my area.

The vantage comes with a series 4 ultra-cut which is similar to the tri-vantage decks. I have to say the ultra-cuts do better in wet grass than tri-vantage though. Point is if you like the way your TT cuts, you'll like the exmark vantage.