PDA

View Full Version : Sunbathing at the job site

ABC Landscaping
07-16-2002, 04:52 PM
Okay, here's a good question for all of you folks in the industry.
If you arrive at the job site, and you find a half naked sunbather sleeping in a lounge chair, what would you do?
1. Leave and come back later?
2. Go back to the truck and start up the loudest piece of equipment hoping to wake them up?
3. Just start mowing and to hell with it.
4. Mow naked so she's not too embarrassed? (Maybe you should keep your shoes on for safety.)
I went with #1, but then, I'm a newlywed.
Feel free to add any other suggestions, and yes, this really happened.:blush:

LAWNS AND MOWER
07-16-2002, 05:02 PM

LAWNS AND MOWER

Cut 2 Please
07-16-2002, 05:12 PM
I would have to go with #2. No sense in wasting time and fuel driving to another job and then come back later. It is not your fault she is out there naked. She may hear you and still feel she doed not need cover up. That would just make the veiw while cutting better, or maybe worse, depends on what she looks like.

mdb landscaping
07-16-2002, 05:12 PM
Wheres the option for triple cutting that location? Every time im at a condo complex with a pool, i mow that area a few times lol:D

JJOHN22042
07-16-2002, 05:15 PM
I could have Spent half the Day cutting that Lawn. It Would be the best looking Lawn in the City.:blob1: :blob1:

odin
07-16-2002, 05:18 PM

WE have had people actually gettin it on in a custormers back lawn, we kept mowing and they kept doing what they we doing .
Took 15 minutes to mow that back lawn and us mowing didnt seem to bother them so we just kept on mowing.
I got to say it was hard to keep our eyes on the job at hand:D

Bob Minney
07-16-2002, 05:24 PM
WHAT????
you didn't get pics for us? :eek:
You really need to carry a camera in the truck

Dennis E.
07-16-2002, 05:43 PM
#3 for sure.
Kind of the same situation earlier this year except "next door" to the property I was working at.
Made my day.:D

Chuck Sinclair
07-16-2002, 05:53 PM
#3 they know what day you mow (At least ours is the same every week)

bob
07-16-2002, 05:59 PM
#5 , break out the sissors.

LAWNGODFATHER
07-16-2002, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by LAWNS AND MOWER

LAWNS AND MOWER

Ditto

This question was brought up before and published in Turf Mag.

sirsweatsalot
07-16-2002, 06:01 PM
who was it a few weeks ago thought that they have lost the loveing feeling for cutting grass. he just needs a few days like you to get back in the saddle. who says we can't love our job.

Turf Technologies
07-16-2002, 07:10 PM
Shamw all my lawns are in an old people neighborhood. I cant even think about having a customer or neighbor sun bathing then id have to get out of this bussiness for sake of my sanity.

*gets the chills*

65hoss
07-16-2002, 07:32 PM
Move in stealth mode until caught...then #3. :D

awm
07-16-2002, 07:57 PM
abc ,u gotta suspect she was on top o the situation. she wasnt doing nothin she didnt want to do. i saw some movement in a screened in porch once. couldnt make it out at first. then the eyes focused thru the screen. the ladies 28 yr old daughter
standing there in the buff.yep -
yep yep yep, oh well.:) wasnt hard to look at either . but thats all i did.

AielLandscaping
07-16-2002, 07:59 PM
came out on a saturday to do some fertilizing and the people that live at the house didn't realize i was coming out on that day.. two ladies getting full body tans floating around in a pool...didn't notice them until i was right next to them, and they didn't notice me until it was too late... so i'd have to say #3

Scag48
07-17-2002, 01:49 AM
I mow at a condo complex and I must say that on a hot sunny day, they all flock to the pool. None naked (****), but some pretty good lookin'. My stripes are a little crooked sometimes. ;)

LAWNGODFATHER
07-17-2002, 02:16 AM
Originally posted by bob
#5 , break out the sissors.

What ya gonna cut off?

Mykster
07-17-2002, 02:16 AM
#3.

JJOHN22042
07-17-2002, 10:12 AM
Hey Guys remember "SAFETY" keep both Hands on the Mower:D

Jimbo
07-17-2002, 10:12 AM
Man its a real shame your married. Maybe she knew you were coming, and was getting ready for some side jobs? What part was half naked? Topless?

I would have done #2, then #3. If she didn't move by then she either didn't mind you looking or like I said "Had some side jobs for you"

This is what keeps our business interesting.

TurfGuyTX
07-17-2002, 03:46 PM
I'd say #3. From experience, you are likely to see things you wish'd you hadn't. We had a 400+ lb. woman who liked to sunbathe nude. Not something I like to remember.:dizzy:

FrankenScagMachines
07-17-2002, 06:40 PM
LGF - what ya gonna cut off? Hmm... lets see, maybe a peice of swimwear?:D :cool:
TurfGuyTX - I really feel sorry for you having that nasty thing stuck in your mind. It seems the worse they are the longer they stick huh :rolleyes:

Me - if she was hot - Number 2, 3, and 4!! :cool: :D
Actually one of my customer's neighbor is hot but her husband is usually home when I mow, 2 bad cause I might ask if I can manicure her grrASS! When mowing if I don't have a g/f at the time, I usually dream of mowing with a distraction like that nearby :D
Ya gotta have something on your mind or you get bored easily :rolleyes: :(

Brickman
07-17-2002, 08:22 PM
Even in a bikini they are more than half naked. A few times I have seen the sunners. I figure they are like a billboard along the road. They want you to look. Just don't touch.

turfguy
07-17-2002, 09:39 PM
I had one customer I would swear put on a show for me every time. I would try arriving later,or showup early but she was always getting out of the shower doing her hair right by that big window in the back.As hard as i might try I think I whacked every tree in the back yard with the deck. just one of the "perks" of the job I guess

ProMo
07-18-2002, 08:27 AM
a long time ago i worked for this big fat guy that was blowing the pool deck when the woman came out he fell in the pool

Mid Rivers
07-18-2002, 11:53 PM
#5. Yell as loud as possible while staning next to her hoping that she will jump up exposing what ever there is to be seen!

What a pervert, tell her you are running a special on bush trimming and see what happens!

Tell her there appears to be smoke coming from her kitchen and that you will gladly help put it out if she will show you where the kitchen is.

Vibe Ray
07-19-2002, 12:15 AM
I don't think you guys get what Bob is trying to say....he means break out the scissors and start "mowing". Excuse to stay longer!

m&m
07-25-2002, 10:21 PM
couldnt help thinking bout this one.....lol.......i have to agree with jimbo, maybe she had a side job for ya.........after all is grass mowing all u do?
'maybe she needed a bush trimmed
i would have mowed like always

Vibe Ray
07-25-2002, 11:58 PM
Ya, be optimistic like Eminem said......maybe she wanted her "bush trimmed";)......I can't even say it w/ a straight face! :D

AielLandscaping
08-03-2002, 10:29 AM
happened to come across this picture on the net... thought it fit the bill here. hope it's not out of line or offensive to anyone.

WatkinsLawn
08-03-2002, 12:04 PM
I was 19 years old working for a L/C company. One of my customers had a daughter about 17 or 18 that was the cutest thing I ever saw. She was always home when I came to do the applications and we would often chat and flirt a little.
One day I was spreading fertilizer in the back lawn and been back there for a good 5 minutes or so. As I was working around the picknic table I looked up to see cutie pie laying out completly nude on top of the table. I stopped just at her feet when I noticed her. She was looking right at me when my eyes finally made it to her face. I got very nervous and all I could think to say was sorry as I stood completly still concentrating very hard not to look away from her face. She got up off her towel and wrapped-up. She says she was trying to lay still so I wouldn't notice her. She appologizes and says she'll wait until I'm finished. So I finish fertilizing the back lawn and go back to the truck to pull out the hose to apply weed control. I go back to the back lawn and there she is again laying uncovered! She must have thought I was done. I stand there for only a moment to decide if I should just leave and come back another time to finish the application. But as I was standing there her father pulls up and sees me standing at the gate looking into the back yard. He gets out and starts walking toward me. I realize that this just does not look good so I start walking toward him. As we meet I tell him I'll have to come back to finish spraying the lawn. And I leave hastily.
As i was reeling in the hose he goes through the gate into the back yard. Just as I am pulling away he comes barging back out of the gate obviously not happy and wanting to "talk" to me. I take off and don't look back.
Two weeks later a work order shows up for "dead spot in lawn by picknic table" and in the special instructions it says "David Watkins is not to do the lawn anymore".

...gee, I wonder what caused that dead spot by the picknic table?

Brickman
08-03-2002, 12:19 PM
Dang dude.

Some guys have all the luck!

rodfather
08-03-2002, 12:24 PM
I would have to say #3...but I would also offer my personal service such as applying baby oil before I was finished and got back in my truck...LOL

little green guy
08-04-2002, 11:51 AM
I think it would probly be time to take a break and have lunch... under a nice shady tree in the back yard. ;)

anthony
08-04-2002, 03:00 PM
i would say 3

come on dave,you are talking to us....i think i read the same story in swank last mo.
tell us the truth...the old man cought you bea**** it
lol lol lol lol

i see it all the time..i do all my applications late in the day....:o

captdevo
08-04-2002, 10:55 PM
back in high school, i used to mow at a nudist colony....indian hills in LaCombe, La.

sometimes it was good, sometimes, it was bad..........weekends were the worst.....lots of elderly folks swinging! during the week there was alot of house wives....ohh..lala

Vibe Ray
11-24-2002, 11:26 PM
Still waitin' for my day to come!

JimLewis
11-25-2002, 01:27 AM
Definitely #2. I'd take a loud blower, roar it up at full throddle and start going slowly toward the back yard trying to alert the person.

I suppose if it was obvious the person could hear me and just wasn't moving, I'd just go ahead and start mowing. But I'd give them the opportunity at least, first.

You gotta respect your client's privacy. Especially if you don't show up at the same hour on the same day of every week. And even if you do, you still gotta be fair to them or risk looking like a jerk. Because not everyone who is sun-bathing in their back yard is a pervert looking to give some cheap thrills to some young buck. In fact, some of them want their privacy very much. And for you to just go barging in there unexpected isn't going to settle well with some people. And they'll tell everyone they know about how rude you were.

That's my 2 cents.

JimLewis
11-25-2002, 01:30 AM
But as I was standing there her father pulls up and sees me standing at the gate looking into the back yard. He gets out and starts walking toward me. OMG!!! That's one of the funniest stories I've ever heard!!! ROTFLMAO!!!!

Bill Davis
11-25-2002, 09:31 AM
I would start mowing like usual and hope she moves. If it was a man that was outside I would leave as fast as I could!!

m&m
11-25-2002, 06:04 PM
just cause its a man, id still mow......i aint gottta look at him,but afterall, his money is just as green as anyone elses.......im in for the money

LAWNGODFATHER
11-25-2002, 07:36 PM
Aint many this time of year, only in southern Florida maybe.

Expert Lawns
11-25-2002, 07:44 PM
its 30 degrees here in michigan so can you say

"Turkey's are done''

Brickman
11-25-2002, 07:46 PM
I am really surprised that Mowwithhustlers didn't tell us about how he was watching a sun bather and ran into a tree bending his "Deck" :laugh:

CMLLawnServices
11-25-2002, 10:24 PM
I always wear oakley "twenty" sunglasses while mowin they have a really nice blue mirrior tint on them, so you can have ur head looking straight a head andur eyes lookin anywhere u want. just slow down and try not to hit any thing.

goodbeus
11-26-2002, 05:55 AM
:laugh:

I do that all the time...I do a lot of work for gorgeous females, anytime I talk to them, I'm wearing the sunglasses...they'll be wearing bikinis, daisy dukes, low cut shirts...one of the perks of the job that I love so much :cool: