PDA

View Full Version : Toro Z master-how to bleed hydro pumps?

lawn masters2006
06-04-2010, 10:30 PM
I have a 2006 toro z master and i just replaced a hydro pump OUCHHHH

But i cant figure out how to bleed air out of the system after the pump replacement.

M&S_Lawncare
06-04-2010, 11:26 PM
I think you have to take the lid off the hydro oil container and run the pump the air will flow thru the hose and empty in the hydro oil tank. That's what I did for a buddy that had a new cylinder put on a plow so I would assume same concept.

TLS
06-04-2010, 11:29 PM
Self bleeding.

Jack up.

Slowly work sticks backwards and forwards.

lawnmasters2010
06-05-2010, 01:45 PM
Ok...really mad now...

I jacked up the mower an bleed it out ...i THINK

The left hydro outer seal went bad,chewed up a bearing..i had it rebuild at a hydro pump shop..

NOW the left side is MUCH slower an JERKY an makes weird sounds.
So i took off the tire on that side and i can almost stop the hub from spinning.
Does it air in it? Is the wheel hydro thing bad?

MAN IM LOST SO ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT...

lawnmasters2010
06-05-2010, 04:17 PM
bumb...:cry:

Richard Martin
06-05-2010, 04:26 PM
Usually when a pump gets garbage in it so does the wheel motor. I wholeheartedly recommend you buy a brand new pump and wheel motor before you contaminate the other side and destroy the entire hydro system.

Before you install the new parts I recommend that you flush all of the old hydro oil out of the tank, pumps, hoses and wheel motors and replace the hydro filter.

Richard Martin
06-05-2010, 04:32 PM
And yes, there is a bleed procedure.

yardatwork
06-05-2010, 06:47 PM
Hahaha...Toro pumps and wheel motors...ARE GARBAGE! I have two Toro z400s and in the past two years the one is on its third, left wheel motor and second right wheel motor. The other tractor is on its second left wheel motor and the right pump is losing all power. And at at cost of $500 for wheel motor and around $600 for a new pump...TORO should make a better product. Rebuild to me is pointless due to price of rebuild and the amount of variables when rebuilding...almost just as feasible to buy new. However, my mechanic to me a quick/easiest way to bleed was to leave the hydro oil cap off and move the handles for a bit...easiest way isn't always the solution though!