PDA

View Full Version : Lesco 60" zero ????? Any good?

dpower04
06-04-2010, 10:32 PM
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. I am interested in a 2007 Lesco zero turn 60 with a pony collection system supposedly 400 hours is what the meter says, seemed to run strong and felt ok minor issues with it, but the price seemed pretty good. Any comments, any feedback from people who currently use them.

BINKY1902
06-04-2010, 10:59 PM
What's the price?

dpower04
06-04-2010, 11:15 PM
What's the price?
Posted via Mobile Device

lifetree
06-05-2010, 12:55 AM
How many hours on the machine ??

Yarden Of Eden
06-05-2010, 01:41 AM
i am pretty happy with my lesco 60.

Marcos
06-05-2010, 02:02 AM
Any POS Lesco Viper or Z2 would be quite useful as an anchor for your houseboat this summer. :waving:

Yarden Of Eden
06-05-2010, 02:07 AM
Any POS Lesco Viper or Z2 would be quite useful as an anchor for your houseboat this summer. :waving:

I have an updated model of viper and have nothing but good things to say about it.
Posted via Mobile Device

moljinor
06-08-2010, 09:27 PM
The 2007 models were the best models ever made.

kbmowing
06-08-2010, 11:15 PM
Had two of those machines. Sold one and using other one as a boat anchor:laugh:. My advice look for something else

cdjones
06-09-2010, 12:29 AM
I was told by a local jd rep that jd bought out lesco and there will be no more lesco ztrs being sold anyone else here that?

Yarden Of Eden
06-09-2010, 12:57 AM
I was told by a local jd rep that jd bought out lesco and there will be no more lesco ztrs being sold anyone else here that?

Yeah I think the buy out was a year or 2 ago. You can still get the exact same mowers (but in yellow) and parts at Cub Cadet but its a little more tricky to cross the part numbers. I have a former Lesco mechanic near by who seems to have secret underground access to genuine Lesco parts. John Deere doesn't really have anything to do with the mowers. You can get engine parts from them but that's about it, and they are very over priced.
Posted via Mobile Device

moljinor
06-09-2010, 11:49 AM
I am a former Lesco mechanic as well. I just did a reapir of a Lesco mower for a friend, and if you have the Lesco part number, your local JDL/former Lesco store can order you the part.

When the buy originally happened (JDL buying Lesco), JDL borrowed money from JD, and in turn JD took the lawn mower line. Thats why you see Lesco mowers on JD's website. JDL carries now the sprayers, spreaders renovators, but no mowing equipment. If they do have mowers, its either old mowers from Lesco inventory, or a ZTrak from a local JD dealer.

lifetree
06-12-2010, 03:41 PM
I was told by a local jd rep that jd bought out lesco and there will be no more lesco ztrs being sold anyone else here that ?

Yes, I've heard that also ... you can look at the Lesco/JD website and see that there are not any Lesco ZTR's anymore, however, there are still lesco WB's which are being sold !!

lifetree
06-12-2010, 04:05 PM
... Thats why you see Lesco mowers on JD's website. ... If they do have mowers, its either old mowers from Lesco inventory, or a ZTrak from a local JD dealer.

This is not correct !! Lesco is buying their Hydro WB's from Everride, you can see, here's the Lesco WB ...

http://www.deere.com/en_US/ProductCatalog/GC/series/comm_wb_stand/lesco_walk/gc_lesco_walk_series.html

and here's the Everride WB (Wasp HP) ...

http://www.everride.com/media/WaspHP_specs_low_res.pdf

Lesco is still selling WB's and Stand-On machines, just not mid-mount ZTR's.

cdjones
06-12-2010, 05:30 PM
As far as i know Lesco will still offer the walk behinds at JD Landscapes just not the zero turn mowers.

lifetree
06-14-2010, 12:50 AM
... Lesco is still selling WB's and Stand-On machines, just not mid-mount ZTR's.

Actually, in comparing the Lesco and Everride web sites it appears that the Lesco Stand-On machines are the same as the Everride Scorpion FX machine !! Also, the Lesco belt drive WB's appear to be the Everride Wasp gear drive machine.

So apparently, Lesco's entire line of commercial mowers now comes from the Everride product line ... that's what you call "private labeling", in this business ... LOL.

Generally speaking though, I just got a Lesco 36" Hydro WB which is the same thing as the Everride Wasp HP 36" ... and I have to say that these machines are built like a tank, seems to cut well and will last for a long time. It actually makes me wish there was an Everride dealer around here.

:waving: :waving: :waving:

lawnboy dan
06-14-2010, 08:49 AM
any one who buys a lesco mower needs to think about parts support down thr line.

lifetree
06-14-2010, 10:42 PM
any one who buys a lesco mower needs to think about parts support down thr line.

Parts for the Lesco machines will be available because the Ariens plant in Nebraska is still in business ... and as far as we know, they plan to be in business for many years to come !!

moljinor
06-15-2010, 06:49 PM
Unless something has changed in the past few months, JDL centers can no longer sell mowing equipment (unless they have old inventory). JD wants the JDL stores to be loyal to JD dealers. Part of the deal of being a JD dealer, if you sell it, you fix it. JDL stores are no longer capable of fixing them. So they have aligned dealers to push the customers to them.

The Lesco equipment equipment line had fab decks. All the way from 32" mower to the 72" ZTR. JD has stamped decks. I would assume that JD doesnt want to start a new fab deck assembly area, so it makes sense for them to just outsource it to the Nebraska factory of Ariens. The old Lesco snowblower was a Airens so there is a long history there anyway.

lifetree
06-15-2010, 08:26 PM
Unless something has changed in the past few months, JDL centers can no longer sell mowing equipment (unless they have old inventory). ...

I'm not disputing this, however, the JDL centers can still order parts for the Lesco machines ... trust me, I know because I just ordered some parts for my Lesco 36" through the local JDL center ... they didn't have the parts in stock, however, they can order what you need !!

moljinor
06-16-2010, 10:04 AM
Yes they can order parts, I just fixed a Black Float deck last week, and got the part threw JDL store. Unfortunately, here where I am at, they dont want to order the parts. I would hope other stores in the country are more comfortable order parts than here.

lawnboy dan
06-16-2010, 08:27 PM
good luck getting parts!