PDA

View Full Version : ROPS installation question

kcso53
06-05-2010, 08:23 AM
Good evening-I purchased a new Fastrak Super Duty 48" a couple weeks ago and the ROPS system was not installed on it. The dealer's Hustler rep had one ordered and it was ultimately delivered to my residence. I installed it today following directions verbatim. My question is:
1. After assembling the ROPS system, I torqued all hardware to specification. The left and right ROPS posts were torqued to 73 ft-lbs. Upon doing this, the outer frame (the side which the nut was attached to) dimpled the metal frame in all four places where the nuts were. Is this normal or is something not right? I utilized 2 seperate torque wrenches so i know that the torque was adjusted properly.

2. In the ROPS instructions it says to torque the lug nuts for the wheels to 118 ft.-lbs. but the manual says to torque them to 65-75 ft.-lbs. Which one of these are correct and why is there such a difference between the two specifications in the manual and the ROPS instructions?

mowerconsultant
06-07-2010, 11:12 AM
Can you please email me, I will have a regional service manager get involved with this.

Pj

kcso53
06-11-2010, 08:17 AM
PJ, how come no one has attempted to diagnose this problem further?

mowerconsultant
06-11-2010, 05:28 PM
PJ, how come no one has attempted to diagnose this problem further?

I received your email and our regional manager for your area has tried to make contact with you, have you seen is email?

kcso53
06-11-2010, 06:15 PM
No, I've been awaiting a response but have not had anyone contact me other than you. I sent you an e-mail with my contact information, did you receive that? Thanks, Mike.

mowerconsultant
06-14-2010, 05:14 PM
No, I've been awaiting a response but have not had anyone contact me other than you. I sent you an e-mail with my contact information, did you receive that? Thanks, Mike.

I did get your email and I have confirmation that our regional manager in your area has the email, he replied back to me already.
At this point, today, have you heard from him or your dealer?

Pj