PDA

View Full Version : KBG seedling, Crabgrass & “I want to” Drive 75!

1966vette
06-05-2010, 12:53 PM
I over seeded my 1 acre Kokomo, IN lawn with Cisco Premium Sod blend of KBG on April 3rd & followed up with Cisco “Executive Sun Mix” 60% Rye & 40% KGB mix to fill in the bare spots on May 23rd.
The KBG in the “Sun Mix” has germinated this week.
The newly seeded areas of my lawn are being overrun with crabgrass at an alarming rate.
I’m seeking a post emergent to kill the crabgrass & came across Drive 75.
The enclosed link indicates that Drive 75 can be applied anytime before or after seeding.
Has anyone used Drive 75 on 7 day old KBG seedling? What type of results did you get?
Was the Drive 75 spot sprayed or mixed w/ a generic Trimec & applied to the entire lawn?
Thanks!
Andy
http://www.organolawn.com/faqs/top_seeding_faq.html

Q. Can you apply weed control before or after top seeding?
A. Ideally post-emergent weed control can be applied one to two days before a top seeding or two weeks after. A pre-emergent should not be applied 4-6 weeks before or after a seeding. A pre-emergent may effect seed germination and some post-emergent weed controls can affect growing seedlings. We can apply Drive 75 anytime after or before a seeding and spot spray Quicksilver before or 2 weeks after a seeding.

mr.lawn works
06-05-2010, 03:05 PM
Drive 75 works great!!! Read the label though as it does control some broadleafs as well. Lesco has a product that has drive an i believe a 3-way already mix in a 1gal jug or 2.5 gal jug. overall thank god for drive!!!