PDA

View Full Version : New Lawn-What granular mix???

MOW ED
07-16-2002, 06:54 PM
Ok I have been at it 3 years but I don't get many new lawns to fertilize.
I have an old customer who moved into a new home and wants to become a new customer again. This gent is meticulous and wants the lawn looking nice. He has a newly established KY blue/red fescue/rye mix. He waters the lawn and it is in decent shape.
I asked and he thinks that the hydro seed guy put 10-10-10 on about about 5 or 6 weeks ago.

I am a strictly granular applicator so I am looking for any input that you may have. I'm looking for formulation, iron or not? I have access to granular with 4% iron. I have no problems with using lower % SCU/PSCU ect as he waters and will do as I instruct.

What application rate do you prefer to use?

Also, I know the time is not right but would it be OK to spray Millennium Ultra in the fall or should I wait until next spring.

Let me know what you think and thanks.

lawnstudent
07-16-2002, 07:15 PM
Have you performed a soil test? Is all the grass in full sun? Do you mulch mow this site?

jim

MOW ED
07-16-2002, 09:32 PM
No I didn't do a soil test. New development so they trucked in topsoil.
Yes full sun.
He mows it and he likes to bag it and remove the clippings. Old habits die hard. I'm trying to educate him but so far no good.

LAWNGODFATHER
07-17-2002, 02:04 AM
24-5-11 50% SCU. 2%FE

when it cools off again hit it with 28-3-10 25% scu 2 times in the fall, this will set it up good for next spring.

Use the rates on the bag.